User manual ASUS VS208NR
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ASUS VS208NR. We hope that this ASUS VS208NR user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ASUS VS208NR.
Manual abstract: user guide ASUS VS208NR
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] IN NO EVENT SHALL ASUS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF USE OR DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS AND THE LIKE), EVEN IF ASUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY DEFECT OR ERROR IN THIS MANUAL OR PRODUCT. SPECIFICATIONS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS MANUAL ARE FURNISHED FOR INFORMATIONAL USE ONLY, AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY ASUS. ASUS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR INACCURACIES THAT MAY APPEAR IN THIS MANUAL, INCLUDING THE PRODUCTS AND SOFTWARE DESCRIBED IN IT. Products and corporate names appearing in this manual may or may not be registered trademarks or copyrights of their respective companies, and are used only for identification or explanation and to the owners' benefit, without intent to infringe.
Notices . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [. . . ] Any read or write activity of an IDE device cause this LED to light up.
The System Panel connector is color-coded for easy and foolproof connection. Take note of the specific connector colors as described.
ASUS A7V880 motherboard
Chapter 1: Product introduction
This chapter tells how to change system settings through the BIOS Setup menus. Detailed descriptions of the BIOS parameters are also provided.
ASUS A7V880 motherboard 2-1
Managing and updating your BIOS
The following utilities allow you to manage and update the motherboard Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) setup. ASUS AFUDOS - Updates the BIOS using a bootable floppy disk in DOS mode. ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2 - Updates the BIOS using a bootable floppy disk or the motherboard support CD. Refer to the corresponding sections for details on these utilities.
· It is recommended that you save a copy of the original motherboard BIOS file to a bootable floppy disk in case you need to restore the BIOS in the future. Copy the original motherboard BIOS using AFUDOS (refer to section "2. 1. 3 Using AFUDOS to copy BIOS from PC") Visit the ASUS website (www. asus. com) and download the latest BIOS file for this motherboard using the ASUS Update utility.
2. 1. 1 Creating a bootable floppy disk
1. Windows® 98SE/ME/XP environment Insert a 1. 44 MB floppy disk into the floppy disk drive. If you are using Windows® XP, select Create an MS-DOS startup disk from the format options field, then click Start. OR If you are using Windows® 98SE/ME, select Full option button from the format type, then click Start. Windows® 2000 environment To create a set of boot disks for Windows® 2000, run the Makeboot. exe tool from the Windows® 2000 CD: a. If the correct BIOS file is not in the floppy disk, the error message "Floppy not found!" is displayed. Make sure to rename the downloaded BIOS file as "A7V880. ROM".
4. If all the necessary files are found in the floppy disk, EZ Flash performs the BIOS update process and automatically reboots the system when done.
ASUS A7V880 motherboard
DO NOT shutdown or reset the system while updating the BIOS!Rebooting.
2. 1. 5 Recovering the BIOS with CrashFree BIOS 2
The CrashFree BIOS 2 auto recovery tool allows you to restore BIOS from the motherboard support CD, or from a floppy disk that contains the BIOS file, in case the current BIOS on the motherboard fails or gets corrupted.
· Prepare the support CD that came with the motherboard or a floppy disk that contains the motherboard BIOS before proceeding with the BIOS update process. If you have saved a copy of the original motherboard BIOS to a bootable floppy disk, you may also use this disk to restore the BIOS. See section "2. 1. 1 Creating a bootable floppy disk. "
To recover the BIOS from a floppy disk:
1. When a corrupted BIOS is detected, the following screen message appears.
Bad BIOS checksum. Insert a floppy disk that contains the original or the latest BIOS file for this motherboard. If all the necessary files are found in the floppy disk, the BIOS update process continues.
Make sure that the BIOS file in the floppy disk is renamed as "A7V880B. ROM".
Chapter 2: BIOS Setup
Bad BIOS checksum. Start flashing. . .
DO NOT shut down or reset the system while updating the BIOS!When the BIOS update process is complete, reboot the system.
To recover the BIOS from the support CD:
1. [. . . ] View the online help for detailed information.
Installs the Adobe Acrobat® Reader V5. 0. The Acrobat® Reader software is for viewing files saved in Portable Document Format (PDF).
ASUS Screen Saver
Installs the ASUS screen saver.
3. 2. 4 ASUS Contact Information
Clicking the ASUS Contact Information tab displays as stated. You may also find this information on the inside front cover of this user guide.
Chapter 3: Software support
ASUS Instant Music Lite
The motherboard is equipped with a BIOS-based audio playback feature called Instant Music Lite. This feature is supported by the onboard audio AC'97 Codec, and requires an optical drive (CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, or CD-RW).
· · · Instant Music Lite only supports CDs in audio format. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ASUS VS208NR
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ASUS VS208NR will begin.