Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any language or computer language in any form or by any means, electric, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Canon, Inc.
Canon is a registered trademark and UHQTM is a trademark of Canon, Inc. has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.
This machine complies with 21 CFR Chapter 1 Subchapter J as a Class 1 laser product under the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Radiation Performance Standard according to the Radiation Control for Health and Safety Act of 1968. This means that the machine does not produce hazardous laser radiation. [. . . ] · If MEMORY FULL and PRESS SET KEY appear while scanning, the document being scanned stops in the ADF. In this case, press Set to make the document come out automatically.
I When Placing a Document on the Platen Glass 1 Press 2 on 1.
2ON1 Ex: · 2ON1 appears in the LCD. LTR TEXT
7 Press Start.
· After scanning every two sheets, the quantity of copies of the document specified in step 2 will print out. · Repeat steps 6 and 7 to scan all documents.
2 Use the numeric keys to set the copy
8 Press Set to finish the 2 on 1 copy
3 Place the last page of a document on the
· If a document is set from the first page, the printing will be performed in reverse order. · When the document has an odd number of pages, first place a blank sheet of white paper on the platen glass and then scan the document.
4 Press Start.
SET FROM END OF DOC. PRESS THE START KEY
5 Press Start.
SCANNING 0015 Ex: C O P Y N O . · The machine begins scanning.
6 Place the next page of the document on the
NEXT PAGE :[START] FINISH SCAN :[SET]
· If the available memory decreases, SCANNING, PLEASE WAIT and MAKING SPACE IN MEM are displayed alternatively. If memory space becomes available, the scanning begins again automatically. · For D680, check if there are received faxes or faxes to be sent in memory. If so, wait for the machine to send and print any faxes, or delete any documents in memory before making a copy. This section describes the necessary cleaning procedures for your machine.
· When cleaning the machine's exterior or the platen glass, be sure to disconnect the power cord before cleaning the machine. · For the model with the fax function, print any received faxes stored in memory before disconnecting the power cord, since documents in memory are backed up only for about 2 hours when the power cord is disconnected. ( Fax Guide) · Do not use tissue paper, paper towels, or similar materials for cleaning; they can stick to the components or generate static charges. · Never use volatile liquids such as thinner, benzene, acetone, or any other chemical cleaner to clean the interior of the machine; these can damage the machine's components.
Cleaning the Exterior
Wipe the machine's exterior with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth moistened with water or diluted dishwashing detergent solution.
Cleaning the Scanning Area
Wipe the scanning area (shaded area) with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth moistened with water, then wipe with a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
Rear side of the ADF
I Cleaning the Read Area of the Platen Glass
Black lines may appear in copies as shown in the illustration below when the ADF is used to feed documents. This is caused by paste, ink, correction fluid, or other foreign matter in the read area (between and ) of the platen glass. Take particular care to clean at the locations where the black lines are appearing on copies. If you have trouble getting the glass clean, wipe with a cloth moistened with water or a mild neutral detergent, and then wipe the glass dry with another cloth.
Read area label Copy Read area Black lines Paste, ink, correction fluid, etc.
· Paste, ink, correction fluid, and other foreign matter can soil the platen glass when you send a document through the ADF while the paste, ink, or correction fluid on the original is still wet. Whenever you load a document in the ADF, always check to make sure that any paste, ink, or correction fluid that is on the document is completely dry.
I Cleaning the Rollers Inside the Main Unit
If the rollers inside the main unit are dirty, it will affect the copy quality. In this case, you can clean the rollers using the Additional Functions.
· While the In Use/Memory indicator is lit, the machine does not clean the roller even if you perform the procedure below (for the imageCLASS D680 model).
1 Press Additional Functions. 2 Use 4 () or e (+) to select
5 Set letter size paper in the multi-purpose
· You must use a plain LTR size paper.
3 Press Set. 4 Use 4 () or e (+) to select ROLLER
ADJUST/CLEAN 1. ROLLER CLEANING
6 Press Set.
· The machine begins cleaning the rollers.
· It takes about 3 minutes until the machine finishes cleaning the roller.
I Cleaning the ADF Roller
If the ADF roller is dirty, the documents will be dirty after you feed them into the ADF. [. . . ] When you want to make characters and lines clear, select a big number. 1 to 9 (5) (The factory default setting is in bold face. )
INCH A AB
*1 STANDARD EXPOSURE automatically changes to MANUAL when TEXT/PHOTO or PHOTO is selected. *2 STD. IMAGEQUALITY automatically changes to TEXT ORIGINAL when AUTO is selected.
Name DATE/TIME SETTING AUTO CLEAR ON OFF ENERGY SAVER ON OFF DAILY TIMER SET 1. SUN, 2. MON, 3. TUE, 4. WED, 5. THU, 6. FRI, 7. SAT Descriptions Enter the current date and time. Set the format for the DATE & TIME settings menu and how the date is displayed in the LCD in standby mode. [. . . ]