Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any language or computer language in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of Canon, Inc.
Canon is a registered trademark and UHQTM is a trademark of Canon, Inc. has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.
This machine complies with 21 CFR Chapter 1 Subchapter J as a Class 1 laser product under the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Radiation Performance Standard according to the Radiation Control for Health and Safety Act of 1968. This means that the machine does not produce hazardous laser radiation. [. . . ] 4-3)
7 Press Set to finish the 2 on 1 copy
3 Place the first page of a document on the
4 Press Start.
SCANNING 0015 Ex: COPY NO. · The machine begins scanning.
5 Place the next page of the document on the
NEXT PAGE :[START] FINISH SCAN :[SET]
· If the available memory decreases, SCANNING, PLEASE WAIT and MAKING SPACE IN MEM are displayed alternatively. If memory space becomes available, the scanning begins again automatically. · If image quality mode is set to other than TEXT when making a 2 on 1 copy of a document which has many graphics or photos, MEMORY FULL will appear in the LCD and copying will be canceled. Even if you do so, MEMORY FULL may appear depending on the document, and copying may be canceled.
This feature allows you to reserve the next job while the machine is printing out a current job.
I Reserving the Next Copy Job 1 Press Stop/Reset twice while the
machine is printing out.
4 Press Start.
· The machine begins scanning. · After printing of the current copy job is complete, the next copy job begins. · If the machine's memory becomes full while scanning, MEMORY FULL appears in the LCD. When the ADF* is used for scanning, the document being scanned stops in the ADF*. All of the scanned documents will be erased if MEMORY FULL appears, so divide the document and copy each part separately, or select a lower image quality mode and make copies again. · If the available memory decreases, PLEASE WAIT and MAKING SPACE IN MEM are displayed alternatively. If memory space becomes available, the scanning begins again automatically. <YES NO>
3 If you decide to delete the job, press 4 ()
· To cancel deleting the job, press e (+) for NO. Once the job is deleted, it is impossible to restore the job again.
Your machine requires little periodic maintenance. This section describes the necessary cleaning procedures for your machine.
· When cleaning the machine's exterior or the platen glass, be sure to disconnect the power cord before cleaning the machine. · Do not use tissue paper, paper towels, or similar materials for cleaning; they can stick to the components or generate static charges. · Never use volatile liquids such as thinner, benzene, acetone, or any other chemical cleaner to clean the interior of the machine; these can damage the machine's components.
Cleaning the Exterior
Wipe the machine's exterior with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth moistened with water or diluted dishwashing detergent solution.
Cleaning the Scanning Area
Wipe the scanning area (shaded areas) with a clean, soft, lint-free cloth moistened with water, then wipe with a clean, soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
Platen Glass Cover
I Cleaning the Read Area of the Platen Glass (Only for the imageCLASS D340 model)
Black lines may appear in copies when the ADF is used to feed documents. This can be caused by glue, ink, correction fluid, or other foreign matters in the read area of the platen glass (shaded area). Take particular care to clean the locations where the black lines are appearing on copies. If you have trouble getting the glass clean, wipe with a cloth moistened with water or a mild neutral detergent, and then wipe the glass dry with another cloth.
Glue, ink, correction fluid, etc.
· Glue, ink, correction fluid, and other foreign matter can soil the platen glass when you copy a document through the ADF while the glue, ink, or correction fluid on the original is still wet. When you load a document in the ADF, always check to make sure that any glue, ink, or correction fluid on the document is completely dry.
When to Replace the Cartridge
The cartridge is a consumable item needs to be replaced when the toner runs out. The following guidelines will help you to determine when to replace the cartridge.
If white streaks or light bands are displayed on copies, the toner in the cartridge is running low.
Paper Feeding Direction
If the copies appear normal
If white streaks or light bands are still present
You can use the cartridge, however, a new one will be needed soon.
Replace the cartridge with a new one. Always hold the cartridge as shown so that the side with the written instructions facing upward. [. . . ] ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE (The factory default setting is in bold face. )
Name STD. TEXT ORIGINAL: Character mode TEXT/PHOTO*1: Text/photo mode PHOTO*1: Photo mode Select the auto or manual mode of exposure setting. If the paper size group is changed, the preset copy ratios, 2 on 1 copy ratio and 2 on 1 paper size will change. Preset copy ratios: 50%, 64%, 78%, 100%, 129%, 200% 2 on 1 copy ratio: 64%, LTR size Preset copy ratios: 50%, 70%, 100%, 141%, 200% 2 on 1 copy ratio: 70%, A4 size Preset copy ratios: 50%, 70%, 81%, 86%, 100%, 115%, 141%, 200% 2 on 1 copy ratio: 70%, A4 size Black and white of an image can be sharpened. [. . . ]