User manual ELECTRO-VOICE 650 DATASHEET
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ELECTRO-VOICE 650. We hope that this ELECTRO-VOICE 650 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ELECTRO-VOICE 650.
Manual abstract: user guide ELECTRO-VOICE 650DATASHEET
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] When the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrican for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
IMPORTANT SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: These servicing instructions are for use by qualified personnel only. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the Operating Instructions unless you are qualified to do so. Security regulations as stated in the EN 60065 (VDE 0860) and the CSA E60065-00 have to be obeyed when servicing the appliance. Use of a mains separator transformer is mandatory during maintenance while the appliance is opened, needs to be operated and is connected to the mains 3. [. . . ] For optimally matching the signal source to the channel input, please proceed as follows: · · · Set the corresponding channel control (7) on the front panel of the appliance to its counterclockwise margin. Now, connect the desired audio signal source using common RCA-type cables. When now playing the signal source with the highest signal level (e. g. loudest passage in a musical piece), the SIGNAL-LED has to light and/or blink in the rhythm of the music. The AUX-inputs are factory pre-set to a nominal sensitivity of +4 dBu, which, in combination with the channel control, is suitable for most AUX-signal sources. In case you want to connect an extremely low-output AUX-signal source, it may happen that the green signal-LED does not light up. Additionally it is possible that you are not able to gain the required volume level using the channel control. In these cases setting the AUX-input's nominal sensitivity to -6 dBu (via internal bridges) is recommended. For further detail, please refer to chapter 9. 1. 3 "AUX Sensitivity Selection". At last, the channel's volume setting has to be achieved using the corresponding channel control (4). Ideally, volume controls are set to a position somewhere in the area of their center mark (0 dB), leaving you enough reserve for compensating level differences between the audio signals of various input channels.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE 650
6. Audio connections between the two units are established using balanced cables with XLR-type connectors. Using the optionally available RS-485 remote-interface NRS 90256 allows connecting the 650 to the DPM 4000 for control purposes. This allows using the DPM 4000's Designer software to comfortably control, configure and save the following parameters: routing, ducking control, preset switching, output levels control.
SOFTW A R E E D ITOR 650
7. SOFTWARE EDITOR 650
The Software Editor 650 is shipped together with the optionally available extension-kit RS-232 interface (NRS 90258). The 650 editor software runs under Windows and offers possibilities to comfortably program and monitor the 650 on-line.
7. 1 System Requirements - PC with Pentium processor - Microsoft WindowsTM 95 / 98 / ME / 2000 / NT - 32 MB RAM - Hard disk with at least 5 MB of free storage - Mouse - VGA-type monitor (The software is optimized for a monitor resolution of 1024x768 pixels) - Graphic-board, 256 colors - RS-232 interface for serial connection to the 650
7. 2 Installation Notes - Insert the setup disk "1" into the floppy drive "A". - Follow the instructions during the installation routine.
7. 3 PC - 650 Connection Check your PC for available COM-ports that are not assigned to any other application. Use a custom RS-232 cable (5-pin D-type, plug-socket, 1:1) for connecting the chosen COM-port on your computer to the RS-232 interface-port on the rear panel of the 650. Before establishing the connection, make sure to switch off the power of both appliances. Otherwise, this could lead to severe hardware damage.
SOFTW A R E E D ITOR 650
7. 4 Software Description 7. 4. 1 General The DYNACORD 650 Editor software provides an extremely easy and comfortable manner for configuring, controlling and monitoring the 650. It is possible to load, save or transfer any number of 650 configurations. Additionally, reading the actual configuration of a 650 and storing it on disk is possible as well.
The software's structure and operation is as simple as possible and mostly self-explanatory. [. . . ] Remark: when utilizing the heartbeat (see above), after expiration of the timeoutvalue (= value 0) the entry is automatically set to NONE.
/SERVICE/CC/ON value e. g. : /SERVICE/CC/OFF 1, 2, 6 /SERVICE/CC/OFF NONE /SERVICE/CC/OFF ?
Value: NONE, 1-8 / ?Write access: one or more hardware contacts are deactivated via software. Remark: when utilizing the heartbeat (see above), after expiration of the timeoutvalue (= value 0) the entry is automatically set to NONE.
10. 4. 2 Online-Access to all Parameters Via RS-232 connection and using REMOTE-commands provides direct access to all 650 parameters, like routing, VCA, priority override, ducking, mute, etc. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ELECTRO-VOICE 650
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ELECTRO-VOICE 650 will begin.