User manual GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST. We hope that this GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST.
Manual abstract: user guide GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GARMIN BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Garmin retains the exclusive right to repair or replace the product or offer a full refund of the purchase price at its sole discretion. [. . . ] If you experience difficulty installing the unit, contact an installation professional.
GPSMAP 64ST & GPS 17
Surface Mounting the GPSMAP 64ST
· · · · Drill and drill bit Screwdriver Pencil Mounting Hardware (not included)
NOTE: Mounting hardware (fasteners) not included. Using the bail mount as a template, mark the location of the four mounting holes with a pencil. Be sure to leave at least two inches of clearance behind the unit for the wiring connector. Using an appropriate size drill bit, drill pilot holes for the fasteners that you choose to use. Slide the unit into the bail mount, and tighten the mounting knobs.
To install the bail mount and unit:
GPSMAP 64ST & GPS 17
Flush Mounting the GPSMAP 64ST
· · · · · · · · · · Flush Mount Template Jig saw Masking tape Scissors Drill Drill Bits--1/8" (3 mm) and 3/8" (6 mm) 1/16" (2 mm) Allen (hex) wrench Sockets Hammer Center punch
Trim the Flush Mount Template for fit, and tape it in the preferred location. Using a center punch, indent the center of each mounting hole location. Using a 3/8" (6 mm) drill bit, drill a hole for a location to begin cutting the mounting surface. Using the jig saw, cut the mounting surface along the inside of the line indicated on the template. Be very careful when cutting this hole, because there is 1/8" (3 mm) clearance between the case molding and the mounting holes. Install the four mounting studs into the unit by screwing the shorter, threaded section into the back of the unit. Use a 1/16" (2 mm) Allen wrench to tighten the mounting studs until the stop contacts the case. Temporarily secure the unit in the preferred mounting location, and test for correct operation. If interference with other electronics is experienced, try a different location.
NOTE: Never paint the GPS 17 or clean it with harsh solvents.
ABOVE - BEST
BELOW - OK
VHF Radio Antenna
NOTE: Mount the antenna at least 3 ft away from (preferably above) the path of any radar beam or a VHF radio antenna.
EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) from engine components Signal Interference
1. Cut out the Flush Mount Drilling Template provided on page 13, and tape it on the selected mounting location. Mark the center of each mounting hole by tapping the end of a center punch or pointed object with a hammer. If the cable is going to be installed through the mounting panel, mark the center of the additional hole. Align the GPS 17 over the mounting holes, and fasten it using M4 screws. Do not use screws that thread into the GPS 17 deeper than 8 mm, or the case may be damaged.
The GPS 17 can be installed with the coax through the panel or on the outside of the unit. If the coax is run through the panel, seal the outside exit area with marine sealant.
To flush mount the GPS 17:
Bottom of GPS 17 4 GPSMAP 64ST & GPS 17
To attach the enclosed pole mount to the GPS 17:
1. Place the cable in the vertical slot along the side of the base of the unit. With the GPS 17 and mount installed, fill the remaining gap in the cable exit with a marine sealant. Route the cable away from sources of electronic interference.
To mount the GPS 17 with the cable run outside the mount:
1. [. . . ] For a simple installation with one MFD and one sensor, the two devices can be directly connected with a Garmin Marine Network cable. If more than two MFDs are installed, a Garmin Marine Network Port Expander (GMS 10) is needed to expand the network. If two or more GPSMAP 64ST/3206/3210 units are installed and networked, only one GPS 17 antenna needs to be installed. If more than five are needed, you can add more Network Port Expanders to the network. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual GARMIN GPSMAP 64ST will begin.