User manual ICOM IC-2020
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-2020. We hope that this ICOM IC-2020 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-2020.
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-2020
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] AVOID operate the transceiver without running the vehicle's
engine. The vehicle's battery will quickly run out if the transceiver is in transmission while the vehicle's engine OFF. IMPORTANT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . i EXPLICIT DEFINITIONS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [. . . ] · When the optional UT-105 is installed, push one or more times to select a channel bank for conventional channels or SmarTrunk IITM channels while pushing [BK S].
PRIORITY CHANNEL KEY Selects a priority A or priority B channel with each PRI A push.
OPERATING CHANNEL KEYS Select an operating channel directly without the [CH CH 1 UP] and [CH DN] keys. CH 2
CH 3 CH 4
LOCK KEY Electronically locks all programmable keys except LOCK the [MONI] and [EMER] keys. MONITOR KEY Activates the following functions on each channel inMONI dependently:
· Push and hold the key to unmute the channel (audio is emitted). · Push the key to toggle the monitor function ON and OFF (or ON only or OFF only depending on the pre-setting).
SCAN START/STOP KEY Push this key to start scanning; and push again to SCAN stop. NOTE: Hung the microphone to the microphone hanger to operate scanning. Push and hold this key to indicate the scan group, then push [CH UP] or [CH DN] to select the desired group.
OUTPUT POWER SELECTION KEY Selects the transmit output power temporarily or perHIGH manently depending on the pre-setting.
· Ask your dealer or system operator for the output power level for each selection.
TALK AROUND KEY Turns the talk around function ON and OFF. TA
· The talk around function equalizes the transmit frequency to the receive frequency for mobile-to-mobile communication.
PUBLIC ADDRESS KEY When an optional OPC-617 ACC CABLE is installed, PA the audio output via the cable can be controlled from the transceiver separately from the [VOLUME] control.
· This audio output can be used as a `public address' function when an external audio amplifier and speaker are connected additionally. · Push this key, then speak into the microphone while pushing the PTT switch. · The [CH UP] and [CH DN] keys allow you to set the audio output level, from " " (minimum) to " " (maximum).
EMERGENCY KEY EMER Push and hold the key to transmit an emergency call.
· An emergency call is transmitted for a specified period after the " " appears. · If you want to cancel the emergency call, push (or push and hold) the key again before transmitting the call. · The emergency call is transmitted one time only or repeatedly until receiving a control code depending on the pre-setting.
DTMF CHANNEL SELECT KEY Push this key to select a DTMF channel. DTMF
· Push this key, then select the desired DTMF channel using the [CH UP] or [CH DN] key.
Push and hold this key to transmit the selected DTMF code. NOTE: DTMF channels 6 and 7 are used for ID code and emergency code respectively, depending on your system. Ask your system operator or Dealer about DTMF channels 6 and 7 before using these DTMF.
EXTERNAL SPEAKER SWITCH When external connections are made for the `public SP address' function, the external speaker drive function is also available simultaneously. The received audio can be heard via the external speaker when this key is pushed.
· This function is useful when you are out of the vehicle. · The audio output level is linked to the transceiver's volume control.
s Function display
Appears while the channel is busy.
Appears or blinks when the optional 2-tone call is received.
Appears while transmitting.
Appears when monitor function is turned OFF (CTCSS and DTCS mutes are released).
BANK NUMBER READOUT
Appears for the `Bank' type and 180 channel type only. Shows the selected bank number or a hundred digit to show more than 100 channels.
ACTIVATED KEY INDICATOR
Appears or blinks when the key under this indicator is activated.
s Turning power ON
I q Push [K ] to turn the power ON.
s Channel selection
There are several types are available, and channel selection method may differ according to your system:
Opening message may differ depending on the pre-setting.
· A power-up alert tone sounds for about 1 sec. and an opening message may appears.
w If the transceiver is programmed for start up passcode, input digit codes as directed by your system operator.
NON-BANK TYPE: Push the [CH UP] or [CH DN] keys to select the desired operating channel, in sequence; or, push one of the [CH 1] to [CH 4] keys to select these channels directly. BANK-TYPE: q Push [BK S], then push [CH UP] or [CH DN] to select the desired bank number; or Bank number Push [BK UP] or [BK DN] if the transceiver has these keys. w Push [CH UP] or [CH DN] to select the desired channel in the selected bank.
· The following keys can be used for this display appears. the password input: · The transceiver detects the numbers in the same block as the same number. Therefore the same effect for "1234" and "6789. "
Input your password if
e When the "PASSWORD" indication does not clear after 4digit input, the input code number may be incorrect. [. . . ] e Receiving a dispatch call is indicated by the same threebeep sequence.
· It is not necessary to push [M] to answer a dispatch call.
D Turbo SpeeDial
To automatically dial a commonly used number with one push: · Push one of the turbo SpeeDials ([A], [B], [C] or [D]).
D Emergency call
Push , [M] to initiate an emergency call.
· Contact your dealer for details.
OPTIONAL SmarTrunk IITM OPERATION
D Clear channel alerting
If all channels are busy, the transceiver automatically begins searching for an open channel and beeps every ten seconds. When two short beeps (low-pitched, then high-pitched) are heard, a channel is available. Push [M], [M] immediately to redial the last number.
NOTE: For additional operating instructions, contact your dealer or system operator.
EXTERNAL SPEAKERS SP-5 Large speaker for good audio quality. input power: 5 W
UT-96 5-TONE DECODER UNIT Provides for the 2-tone decode capability. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-2020
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-2020 will begin.