User manual ICOM IC-215
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-215. We hope that this ICOM IC-215 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-215.
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-215
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] WORD R WARNING CAUTION NOTE DEFINITION Personal injury, fire hazard or electric shock may occur. NEVER connect the transceiver to a power source of more than 16 V DC or using reverse polarity. If an incorrect connection is made after cutting, the transceiver may be damaged. NEVER place the transceiver where normal operation of the
vehicle may be hindered or where it could cause bodily injury.
NEVER let objects impede the operation of the cooling fan on the rear panel.
Versions of the IC-215 which display the "CE" symbol on the serial number seal comply with the European harmonised standard ETS300 684 (EMC product standard for Commercially Available Amateur Radio Equipment).
DO NOT push the PTT when not actually desiring to transmit.
DO NOT operate the transceiver near unshielded electrical blasting caps or in an explosive atmosphere.
During mobile operation, DO NOT operate the transceiver without running the vehicle's engine. [. . . ] e Push [Y] one or more times to select a duplex scratch pad memory; push [Z] one or more times to select a simplex scratch pad memory. r Push [MR] or [VFO] to exit the scratch pad memory.
r Rotate the desired band's tuning dial to select the desired memory channel. e Push [Y] one or more times to select a duplex scratch pad memory; push [Z] one or more times to select a simplex scratch pad memory to be transferred. r Push [FUNC] then [E MW] momentarily to indicate memory channels.
· Push [MW] for 2 sec. to transfer the scratch pad memory to VFO.
s Transferring scratch pad memory contents
Transferring scratch pad memory contents to the VFO is done similarly to transferring memory/call contents. q Push [M/C] to select the call channel.
· Push [CHG/L] if [M/C] is not displayed. · "C" appears when the call channel is selected.
t Push [Y] or [Z] to select the desired channel.
· Call channel (C), VFO (- -) and scan edges (1A 3B), as well as regular memory channels, can be transferred in this way.
w Rotate the desired band's tuning dial to select the desired scratch pad memory.
· One of "L1" to "L5" or "R1" to "R5" appears.
y Push [FUNC] then [E MW] for 2 sec. to transfer.
e Push the desired band's [S. MW] momentarily to indicate memory channels.
· Push [S. MW] for 2 sec. to transfer the scratch pad memory to VFO.
A tone scan function is available to search for subaudible tones (e. g. when you want to find a subaudible tone frequency necessary to open a repeater). 53 for details.
s Scan types
Scanning searches for signals automatically and makes it easier to locate new stations for contact or listening purposes. to exit the scan screen.
s Selecting scan edges
The scanning range can be set to all frequencies (full scan) or between two user-programmed frequencies (programmed scan). Scan edges are programmed into scan edges, 1A/1B to 3A/3B, in memory channels. to enter the scan screen.
· Push [CHG/L] if [(M/C) SCN] is not displayed. · If the pocket beep function is activated, the transceiver automatically selects the tone squelch function when the scan screen is selected.
Scan edge selection may not be performed from the microphone.
MAIN SCP V/MH TS M/C SCN MONI
SCAN PRO P1 1 4 PRIO Resume 4 . 8 Pause
TON SEL Res
w Push [SEL] one or more times to select the desired scan edges, if necessary.
· "AL" for full scan, "AA" for air band scan (U. S. A. America versions only), "A1"/"A4" for 144 MHz/430(440) MHz band scan or "P1""P3" for programmed scan. · Only programmed scan edges can be selected.
s Memory scan
q Select memory mode with the desired band's [M/C].
· Push [CHG/L] if [M/C] is not displayed. · "!" appears when memory mode is selected.
w Make sure the squelch is set to the threshold point. to enter the scan screen.
· If the pocket beep function is activated, the transceiver automatically selects the tone squelch function when the scan screen is selected.
q Select the desired band with [BAND]. to start memory scan.
· Decimal point and "!" flash while scanning.
t Push [Y], [Z] or [E CLR] to cancel the scan.
MAIN SCP V/MH TS M/C SCN MONI
SCAN MEM 14 -1 PRIO Resume 4 . 0
TON SEL Res
At least 2 memory channels must be programmed for memory scan to start.
r Push [MEM] momentarily to start the scan.
· Decimal point and "!" flash while scanning. [. . . ] The memory channel list can hold up 99 channels + 3 pairs of programmed scan edges + 1 call channel. NOTE: `Narrow FM' is available for the VHF band of the Europe and Italy versions only. NOTE: Read all the transceiver cloning data into the PC before starting editing with this cloning software, otherwise 78 When slow DTMF speeds are required, the transceiver's rate of DTMF transmission can be adjusted. "E" stands for "M" and "F" stands for "#. "
CS-2800 CLONING SOFTWARE
s Common settings
: Sets LCD contrast and brightness. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-215
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-215 will begin.