User manual ICOM IC-703
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-703. We hope that this ICOM IC-703 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-703.
You may also download the following manuals related to this product:
ICOM IC-703 BROCHURE (916 ko)
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-703
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] INSTRUCTION MANUAL
HF/50 MHz ALL MODE TRANSCEIVER
Thank We understand that you have a choice of many different radios in the market place. We want to take a couple of moments of your time to thank you for making the IC-703 your radio of choice, and hope you agree with Icom's philosophy of "technology first. " Many hours of research and development went into the design of your IC-703.
READ THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL CAREFULLY before attempting to operate the
SAVE THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL. This
manual contains important safety and operating instructions for the IC-703.
DSP features (AF DSP; UT-106 DSP UNIT required some version) All mode capability covering 1606 m 9. 015. 87 V operation Compact with detachable front panel ±0. 5 ppm of high frequency stability Built in antenna tuner Simple band scope function
WORD R WARNING CAUTION NOTE DEFINITION Personal injury, fire hazard or electric shock may occur. No risk or personal injury, fire or electric shock.
R WARNING RF EXPOSURE! [. . . ] [(F-1)CQ ], [(F-2)001], [(F-3)CFM] n
02 MSG DISPLAY
RECEIVE AND TRANSMIT
I Operating RTTY
D Connections for RTTY (FSK)
[ACC] TU or TNC Rear panel view
4321 8765 12 11 10 9 13
Personal computer MSEND (orenge) GND (red) FSKK (black) SQL*1 (light green) AF out (light blue)
*1Connect SQL line when required.
Colors refer to connection to the supplied ACC cable.
D RTTY (FSK) operation
q Connect a terminal unit as at above. e Push [MODE] momentarily to select RTTY mode.
· After RTTY mode is selected, push [MODE] for 1 sec. [AF] [TX] indicator [MODE] Main dial [Y]
r While the quick set mode item "Q2" is selected in RTTY mode, rotate main dial to select RTTY or åRTTY mode.
· Push [DISPLAY] for 1 sec. · Push [DISPLAY] momentarily to return to normal operating mode.
[Z] [F-1] [DISPLAY] [MENU] [F-2] "RTTY" or "åRTTY" appears
LSB USB CW R RTTY AM WFM
t Rotate [AF] to set audio to a comfortable listening level. y Select the desired FSK tone/shift frequencies and keying polarity as at page 40. u Rotate the main dial to tune a desired signal.
· Use [(F-1)1/4] in the M4 display when critical setting is required. · If the received signal cannot be demodulated, try selecting åRTTY mode (or RTTY mode).
40 60dB 10
VFO A CH
M4 1/4 TON AGC
i Transmit a SEND signal from your TNC.
· The TX indicator lights red. · The Po meter indicates transmitted RTTY signal strength.
o Operate the connected PC or TNC (TU) to transmit RTTY (FSK) signals.
RECEIVE AND TRANSMIT
D Convenient functions for receive
· Preamp and attenuator (p. 46) Push [P. AMP/ATT] momentarily to set the preamp ON or OFF.
· Lights green when the preamp is set to ON.
· IF shift (p. 50) While "S4" is selected, push [(F-2)NR] to turn the noise reduction ON and OFF.
· Push [DISPLAY] once or twice to select S. · Push [(F-3)NRL] then rotate [M-CH] to adjust the noise reduction level. · "NR" appears when the noise reduction is set to ON.
Push [P. AMP/ATT] for 1 sec. to set the attenuator ON.
· Push [P. AMP/ATT] momentarily to turn the attenuator OFF. · Lights red when the attenuator is set to ON.
· Noise blanker (p. 48) While "M3" is selected, push [(F-2)NB] to turn the noise blanker ON and OFF.
· Push [DISPLAY] once or twice to select M. to enter the noise blanker set mode.
· Auto notch filter (p. 50) While "S4" is selected, push [(F-1)ANF] to turn the auto notch filter function ON and OFF.
· "ANF" appears when the noise reduction is set to ON.
· AGC (auto gain control) (p. 48) While "M4" is selected, push [(F-3)AGC] to select AGC fast and AGC slow.
· Push [DISPLAY] once or twice to select M. · "FAGC" appears when the fast time constant is selected. QUICK SET MODE
· 1/4 function While "M4" is selected, push [(F-1)1/4] to turn the 1/4 function ON and OFF.
· Push [DISPLAY] once or twice to select M. · Push [MENU] one or more times to select M4.
D RTTY reverse mode
Received characters are occasionally garbled when the receive signal is reversed between MARK and SPACE. This reversal can be caused by incorrect TNC connections, settings, commands, etc. [. . . ] Indication 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 PEAK HOLD QUICK SPLIT SPLIT LOCK SPL OFFSET SCAN RESUME SCAN SPEED U/D SPEED AM NB PAD CH PWR ON CHK A-TUNE STRT PTT TUNE TUNER SW 9600 MODE SPEECH LANG SPEECH SPD S-LVL SPCH CI-V CI-V CI-V CI-V ADDRES BAUD TRN 731 Description
Peak meter hold setting Quick split function Split lock function Split offset frequency Scan resume condition Scanning speed [UP]/[DN] speed Noise blanker in AM mode Available memo pads Power ON check function Auto tune start function PTT tune function Tuner switch condition Packet data speed Voice synthesizer lang. Voice synthesizer speed S-meter level speech CI-V address setting Data transfer rate CI-V transceive CI-V data length
Initial set mode
No. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
*When "3 SIMPLE MODE" is set to ON,
box items are undisplayed.
S1 M1 M2
MPW PRI SEL 14 NR
(in memory mode)
SPL MW FIL VOX 1/4 1/4 1/4 VOX
A/B MCL NB COM KEY TON
V/M S3 7 ANF MET AGC (SSB/AM) AGC (CW) AGC (RTTY) AGC (SSB-D)
M3 M4 M4 M4
G1 G2 G3 G4
BAND scope SWR Graph TX freq. Memory name
For 1 sec.
Quick set mode
No. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-703
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-703 will begin.