User manual ICOM IC-740
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-740. We hope that this ICOM IC-740 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-740.
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-740
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] NEVER attach an antenna or internal antenna connector during transmission. During mobile operation, DO NOT operate the transceiver without running the vehicle's engine. When transceiver power is ON and your vehicle's engine is OFF, the vehicle's battery will soon become exhausted. This will avoid possible damage to the transceiver by ignition voltage spikes. [. . . ] y Push [EXIT/SET] twice to exit the voice memory screen.
· Programming a memory name for transmit
Memory channels can be tagged with alphanumeric names of up to 20 characters each. w Call up the voice memory recording screen as described in steps q to e at left. e Push [(F-5)NAME] to enter memory name edit condition.
· A cursor appears and blinks.
r Push the desired memory channel switch, [(F-1)T1] [(F-4)T4], for 1 sec. to start recording.
· Speak into the microphone without pushing the [PTT] switch. · Previously recorded contents are cleared.
AGC MID VOX OFF COMP OFF WIDE
T1 T1 T2 T2 T3 T3 T4 T4
0 50 100 %
10s 10s ------------Remain 80s
r Push [(F-5)T1. . T4] several times to select the desired voice memory.
Selected character Character group keys
T1 T2 T3 T4
t Adjust the [MIC GAIN] control so that the [REC LEVEL] indicator reads within 100%. y Push the selected memory channel switch, [(F-1)T1] [(F-4)T4], again to stop recording.
· Recording is automatically terminated when the total time of recorded messages, T1T4, becomes 90 sec.
T1. . T4
u Push [EXIT/SET] twice to exit the voice memory screen.
t Input the desired character by rotating the tuning dial or by pushing the band key for number input.
· Push [ABC] or [abc] to toggle capital and small letters. · Pushing the transceiver's keypad, , can also enter numerals.
· Confirming a message for transmit
q Push [EXIT/SET] several times to close a multifunction screen, if necessary. e Push [(F-2)MIC REC] to select the voice memory recording screen.
y Push [EXIT/SET] to input and set the name.
· The cursor disappears.
u Repeat steps r to y to program another voice memory's name, if desired. i Push [EXIT/SET] twice to exit the voice memory screen.
RECEIVE AND TRANSMIT
I Digital voice recorder (continued)
· Sending a message for transmit
q Push [EXIT/SET] several times to close a multifunction screen, if necessary. e Push [(F-2)VOICE] to call up the voice recorder screen.
· If the receive voice memory channel (R1R4) appears, push [(F-5)T/R] to select transmit voice memory channel.
AGC MID VOX OFF COMP OFF WIDE
T1 VOICE RECORDER T1 T1 T2 T2 T3 T3 T4 T4
TX M E M O R Y
· Transmit monitor function
The monitor function can be automatically turned ON while transmitting a voice memory message. w Push [EXIT/SET] then [(F-5)SET] to select the voice recorder set screen. !4 Rotate the tuning dial to set the electronic keyer function to electronic keyer, bug-key or straight key (electronic keyer OFF).
· Bug-key setting can be substituted for a bug-key while operating with a paddle. Set to "Straight" for a real bugkey, or connect the bug-key to [KEY] on the rear panel.
KEYER CW-KEY K e y e r R e p e a t T i m e t D o t / D a s h R a t i o h Rise Time P a d d l e P o l a r i t y P Keyer Type M I C U p / D o w n K e y e r n 2s 1:1:3. 0 4ms Normal ELEC-KEY OFF
EDIT Memory Editor EDIT Memory Editor 001 001 Style Contest Number 001 001 Style Contest Number
1/4 OFF SEND
CW KEY Memo-key, Elec-key, CW Wave Form Set CW KEY Memo-key, Elec-key, CW Wave Form Set EDIT 001 CW KEY
r Push [(F-4)CW KEY] to select memory keyer set mode. t Select the "Keyer Repeat Time" item using [(F1)].
KEYER CW-KEY K e y e r R e peat T i m e r p e a t Time D o t / D a s h R a t i o h Ratio R i s e T i m e e P a d d l e P olarity e olarity K e y e r T y pe r pe M I C U p / D own K e y e r U o w n Keyer 2s 2s 1:1:3. 0 1:1:3. 0 4ms 4ms Normal Normal ELEC-KEY ELEC-KEY OFF OFF
!5 Push [(F-2)] to select the "MIC Up/Down Keyer" item. !6 Rotate the tuning dial to turn the substitute paddle function ON or OFF.
· The up/down keys of the microphone can be substituted for a paddle. When ON is selected, they do not function as up/down keys in all modes.
!7 Push [EXIT/SET] to exit keyer set mode. KEYING WEIGHT EXAMPLE: Morse code "K"
DASH DOT (Fixed*) DASH
y Rotate the tuning dial to select the memory keyer repeat interval. to select a default value.
u Push [(F-2)] to select the "Dot/Dash Ratio" item.
KEYER CW-KEY K e y e r R epeat T i m e r e p e a t Time D o t / D a s h R a t i o h Ratio R i s e T i me e me P a d d l e P o l a r i t y e Polarity K e y e r T ype r ype M I C U p / Down K e y e r C D o w n Keyer 2s 2s 1:1:3. 0 1:1:3. 0 4ms 4ms Normal Normal ELEC-KEY ELEC-KEY OFF OFF
Weight setting: 1:1:3 (default) Weight setting: Adjusted
Adjustable range SPACE (Fixed*)
i Rotate the tuning dial to select the keying weight.
· 1 : 1 : 2. 8 to 1 : 1 : 4. 5 can be set. · Push [(F-3)DEF] to select a default ratio of 1 : 1 : 3. 0.
*SPACE and DOT length can be adjusted with [KEY SPEED] only.
RECEIVE AND TRANSMIT
I Memory keyer
The memory keyer memorizes and can re-transmit 4 CW key codes for often-used CW sentences, antenna types, etc. Total capacity of the memory keyer is 55 characters in each memory channel. For your information When an external keypad is connected to the pin 3 and pin 7 of the [MIC] connecter, the programmed contents, M1M4, can be transmitted without opening the memory keyer screen. See page 73 for details.
· Programming the memory keyer
q Push [EXIT/SET] several times, if necessary. [. . . ] audio · Dimensions :
(projections not included)
· Weight (approx. ) · ACC 1 connector · ACC 2 connector · CI-V connector · Display
: : : : :
23 A 3. 0 A (typ. ) 3. 5 A (typ. ) 340(W) × 111(H) × 285(D) mm 133/8(W) × 43/8(H) × 117/32(D) in 9. 6 kg; 21 lb 3 oz 8-pin DIN connector 7-pin DIN connector 2-conductor 3. 5 (d) mm (1/8) 5-inch (diagonal) TFT color LCD
: More than 2. 0 W at 10% distortion with an 8 load : ±9. 999 kHz : 3-conductor 6. 35 (d) mm (1/4) : 2-conductor 3. 5 (d) mm (1/8)/8
· Antenna tuner
· Matching impedance range: HF bands 16. 7 to 150 unbalanced
· Output power (continuously adjustable): SSB/CW/RTTY/FM Less than 5 to 100 W AM Less than 5 to 40 W · Modulation system : SSB PSN modulation AM Low power modulation FM Phase modulation · Spurious emission : 50 dB (HF bands) 60 dB (50 MHz band) · Carrier suppression : 40 dB · Unwanted sideband : 55 dB suppression · TX variable range : ±9. 999 kHz · Microphone connector : 8-pin connector (600 ) · ELEC-KEY connector : 3-conductor 6. 35(d) mm (1/4) · KEY connector : 3-conductor 6. 35(d) mm (1/4) · SEND connector : Phono (RCA) · ALC connector : Phono (RCA)
(Less than VSWR 3:1)
50 MHz band
20 to 125 unbalanced
(Less than VSWR 2. 5:1)
· Minimum operating input : 8 W power · Tuning accuracy : VSWR 1. 5:1 or less · Insertion loss (after tuning) : Less than 1. 0 dB
All stated specifications are typical and subject to change without notice or obligation.
PS-125 DC POWER SUPPLY
IC-PW1 HF/50 MHz ALL BAND 1 kW LINEAR AMPLIFIER
Full-duty 1 kW linear amplifier including an automatic antenna tuner. The amplifier/power supply unit and the remote control unit are separated. AH-4 HF/50 MHz AUTOMATIC ANTENNA TUNER AH-2b ANTENNA ELEMENT
Light weight switching regulator system power supply.
· Output voltage: 13. 8 V DC · Max. current drain: 25 A
SM-20 DESKTOP MICROPHONE
A 2. 5 m long antenna element for mobile operation with the AH-4. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-740
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-740 will begin.