User manual ICOM IC-7400
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-7400. We hope that this ICOM IC-7400 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-7400.
You may also download the following manuals related to this product:
ICOM IC-7400 BROCHURE (810 ko)
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-7400
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] INSTRUCTION MANUAL
HF/VHF ALL MODE TRANSCEIVER
We understand that you have a choice of many different radios in the market place. We want to take a couple of moments of your time to thank you for making the IC-7400 your radio of choice, and hope you agree with Icom's philosophy of "technology first". Many hours of research and development went into the design of your IC-7400.
R WARNING HIGH VOLTAGE!NEVER attach an antenna or internal antenna connector during transmission. R NEVER apply more than 16 V DC, such as a 24 V
battery, to the [DC13. 8V] jack on the transceiver rear panel. [. . . ] 47) Push [P. AMP/ATT] several times to set the preamp OFF, preamp 1 ON or preamp 2 ON.
· "P. AMP1, " "P. AMP2" or "P. AMP" appears when the preamp 1, preamp 2 or preamp is set to ON, respectively. (depending on operating frequency band)
· Noise reduction (p. 52) Push [NR] to turn the noise reduction ON and OFF.
· Rotate [NR] control to adjust the noise reduction level. · "NR" appears when the noise reduction is set to ON.
Push [P. AMP/ATT] for 1 sec. to set the attenuator ON.
· Push [P. AMP/ATT] momentarily to turn the attenuator OFF. · "ATT" appears when the attenuator is set to ON.
· Auto notch filter (p. 52) Push [A/NOTCH] to turn the auto or manual notch filter ON and OFF.
· Rotate [NOTCH] control to set the attenuating frequency for manual notch operation.
· Noise blanker (p. 50) Push [NB] to turn the noise blanker ON and OFF.
· "NB" appears when the noise blanker is set to ON. to enter noise blanker set mode.
· VSC (voice squelch control) (p. 53) While M2 is selected with [MENU], push [F5 VSC] to turn the VSC function ON and OFF.
· The VSC indicator appears when the voice squelch function is set to ON.
D Convenient functions for transmit
· Speech compressor (p. 57) While M1 is selected with [MENU], push [F3 CMP] to turn the speech compressor ON and OFF.
· "COMP" appears when the speech compressor is set to ON.
· Transmit quality monitor (p. 56) Push [MONITOR] to turn the monitor function ON and OFF.
· "MONI" appears when the monitor function is set to ON.
· VOX (voice operated transmit) (p. 54) Push [VOX/BK-IN] to turn the VOX function ON and OFF.
· "VOX" appears when the VOX function is set to ON.
· Audio tone control (p. 88) While M2 is selected with [MENU], push [F4 TCN], select an item with [F1 ] and [F2 ] then rotate the tuning dial to adjust the audio tone.
RECEIVE AND TRANSMIT
D Tone squelch operation
Tone squelch operation is a method of communications using selective calling. Before communicating using tone squelch, all members of your party must agree on the tone squelch frequency to use. e Push [F4 TON] several times to turn the tone squelch function ON.
· "TSQL" appears
r Push [F4 TONE] for 1 sec. y Rotate the tuning dial to select the desired tone squelch frequency.
· Push [F3] for 1 sec. to select the default frequency.
Push [F4] for 1 sec.
Tone 88. 5Hz
F3 F4 F5
u Push [MENU] to return to M1. · Available tone squelch frequencies
67. 0 69. 3 71. 9 74. 4 77. 0 79. 7 82. 5 085. 4 088. 5 091. 5 094. 8 097. 4 100. 0 103. 5 107. 2 110. 9 114. 8 118. 8 123. 0 127. 3 131. 8 136. 5 141. 3 146. 2 151. 4 156. 7 159. 8 162. 2 165. 5 167. 9 171. 3 173. 8 177. 3 179. 9 183. 5 186. 2 189. 9 192. 8 196. 6 199. 5 203. 5 206. 5 (Unit: Hz) 210. 7 254. 1 218. 1 225. 7 229. 1 233. 6 241. 8 250. 3
RECEIVE AND TRANSMIT
D DTCS operation
DTCS function is an another method of communications using selective calling. Only received signals having a matching 3-digit code will open the squelch. e Push [F4 TON] several times to turn the DTCS function ON.
· "DTCS" appears
r Push [F4 TON] for 1 sec. y Rotate the tuning dial to select the desired DTCS code number and push [F5] to select the desired code polarity. [. . . ] You can change frequencies, operating mode, memory channels, etc.
CR-338 HIGH STABILITY CRYSTAL UNIT Contains a temperature-compensating oven heater and crystal unit for improved frequency stability. · Frequency stability: ±0. 5 ppm HM-36 HAND MICROPHONE Hand microphone equipped [UP]/[DOWN] switches. with
·About DC power supply
The use of IC-7400 (#03, #04, #05, #08, #09) in combination with the DC power supply complies with European Harmonised Standard regulations under the conditions listed below. Conditions ·In combination with PS-125
·About IC-PW1 LINEAR AMPLIFIER
The IC-PW1 LINEAR AMPLIFIER does not comply with European Harmonised Standard regulations. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-7400
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-7400 will begin.