User manual ICOM IC-M31
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-M31. We hope that this ICOM IC-M31 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-M31.
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-M31
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] INSTRUCTION MANUAL
VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
If your vessel requires assistance, contact other vessels and the Coast Guard by sending a distress call on Channel 16.
CLEAN THE TRANSCEIVER THOROUGHLY WITH FRESH WATER after exposure to saltwater, and dry it before operation. Otherwise, the transceiver's keys, switches and controllers may become inoperable due to salt crystallization.
USING CHANNEL 16 DISTRESS CALL PROCEDURE
1. Any other information which might facilitate the rescue.
Thank you for purchasing this Icom product. The IC-M31 VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER is designed and built with Icom's state of the art technology and craftsmanship. [. . . ] w Push [Y]/[Z] to select a channel.
· "DUP" appears for duplex channels.
e To change the channel group, push [DIAL] for 1 sec.
· International, U. S. A. *1 and ATIS*2 channels can be selected in sequence.
for 1 sec.
for 1 sec.
U. S. A channels*1
*1 Available for the UK version only *2 Available for the German version only
I Adjusting the volume level
The volume level can be adjusted with [+]/. Push [+]/ to adjust the volume level.
· "VOL" indicator starts blinking. · When no key is pushed for 5 sec. , the transceiver returns to normal condition.
I Adjusting the squelch level
The IC-M31 has a squelch level adjustment, even though there is no control knob for it. In order to receive signals properly, as well as for the scan to function effectively, the squelch must be adjusted to the proper level. q Push [SQL·MONI], then adjust the squelch level with [+]/.
- "SQL" indicator starts blinking. - There are 11 squelch levels to choose from: "OP" is completely open; "10" is tight squelch; "1" is loose squelch level. - When no key is pushed for 5 sec. , the transceiver returns to normal condition.
Indicates the volume level. Blinks during volume level adjustment.
Indicates the squelch level. w Push [SQL·MONI] again to return to normal condition.
CONVENIENT!The squelch level adjustment key can be selected from [Y]/[Z] and [+]/ with following operation.
· While pushing both [SQL·MONI] and [Y], turn the power ON to set [Y]/[Z] to the squelch level adjustment key. · While pushing both [SQL·MONI] and [+], turn the power ON to set [+]/ to the squelch level adjustment key. 9
I Receiving and transmitting
CAUTION: Transmitting without an antenna may
damage the transceiver.
q Push and hold [PWR] to turn power ON. Push [SQL·MONI] to stop "SQL" indicator blinking, then push [+]/ to set the volume level. Push [SQL·MONI], and push [+]/ to set the squelch level. e Push [Y]/[Z] to select the desired channel.
- When receiving a signal, " " appears and audio is emitted from the speaker. - Further adjustment of the volume may be necessary at this point.
IMPORTANT: To maximize the readability of your transmitted signal, pause a few sec. after pushing [PTT], hold the microphone 5 to 10 cm from your mouth and speak into the microphone at a normal voice level. NOTE: The transceiver has a power save function to conserve the battery power. The power save function activates automatically when no signal is received for 5 sec.
r Push [H/L·LOCK] to select the output power if necessary.
- "LOW" appears when low power is selected; no indication when high power is selected. - Choose low power to conserve battery power, choose high power for longer distance communications. - Some channels are for low power only.
t Push to transmit y Release to receive
q Power ON
r Set output power w Set volume w Set the squelch level w Set the squelch level
t Push and hold [PTT] to transmit, then speak into the microphone. - " " appears.
- Channel 70 cannot be used for transmission.
e Set channel
y Release [PTT] to receive.
I Call channel programming
The call channel key is used to select the default channel, however, you can program your most often-used channel in each channel group for quick recall. [. . . ] Otherwise the transceiver may not be attached to the belt clip or swivelled properly if the transceiver is accidentally dropped and the base clip is scratched or damaged. 26
POSSIBLE CAUSE SOLUTION · Recharge the battery pack. 10
The transceiver does · The battery is exhausted. · Speaker has been exposed to water.
Transmitting is impossi- · Some channels are for low power or re- · Change channels. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-M31
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-M31 will begin.