User manual ICOM IC-T7A
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-T7A. We hope that this ICOM IC-T7A user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-T7A.
You may also download the following manuals related to this product:
ICOM IC-T7A BROCHURE (260 ko)
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-T7A
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] DEFINITION Personal injury, fire hazard or electric RWARNING shock may occur. No risk of personal injury, fire or electric shoc
Versions of the IC-T81A/E which display the "CE" symbol on the serial number seal, comply with the European harmonised standard ETS300 684 (EMC product standard for Commercially Available Amateur Radio Equipment).
RWARNING!NEVER operate the transceiver with a headset or other audio accessories at high volume levels. If you experience a ringing in your ears, reduce the volume or discontinue use. [. . . ] CP-12L (optional)
black To [DC13. 5V] OPC-254L (optional)
white Install 3 AA(R6) size alkaline batteries into the battery case.
*To charge the battery pack 13 to 16 V DC is necessary.
I Power ON
NOTE: Charge the battery pack before turning power on
for the first time (pgs. to turn power on.
· Current battery voltage may be displayed for 2 sec. · If "OVER V" appears, UNPLUG the external DC plug immediately. Connected voltage is over 16 V and could damage the transceiver.
I Setting a frequency
D Via the keypad
(from the MHz digits) Push [VFO] to select VFO mode. Push digit keys corresponding to the desired frequency.
· When inputting a frequency in the 50 or 1200 MHz bands, it is necessary to input the decimal point. · When a digit is mistakenly input, push [VFO] and input from the beginning. · When an unacceptable frequency is input, the display reverts to the previously displayed frequency. · "0, " "2, " "5" and "7" are acceptable as the 1 kHz digit input depending on the 10 kHz digit.
for 1 sec.
D Via the keypad
(from the decimal point) Push [VFO] to select VFO mode. Push [·] to leave the MHz setting as is and input from the kHz digits.
I Setting tuning steps
The transceiver has 9 tuning steps* (each band has independent settings) as follows: 5 kHz 10 kHz 12. 5 kHz 15 kHz 20 kHz 25 kHz 30 kHz 50 kHz 100 kHz
*The 5 and 15 kHz steps are not available on the 1200 MHz band.
Push [VFO] to select VFO mode. Push [MULTI()] one or more times
until "TS" appears.
Push [MULTI()] (or rotate [DIAL])
to select the desired tuning step.
Push [VFO] to exit set mode.
15 kHz tuning step
25 kHz tuning step
D Other methods
Via the [DIAL]: Rotate [DIAL] to change the frequency according to the set tuning steps.
Select a tuning step that matches the frequency intervals of repeaters in your area.
Via the MHz STEP: Push [(VFO)MHz] for 1 sec. , then rotate [DIAL] to change the frequency in 1 MHz steps. 10
I Selecting a memory channel
Push [MR] to select memory mode. AM operation can also be selected for individual memory channels programmed with 50 MHz frequencies. In this way you can program individual frequencies for AM receive while allowing regular transmit/receive for 50 MHz frequencies in VFO mode.
When using a repeater, the transmit frequency is shifted from the receive frequency by the offset frequency. 1820).
D Tone information
Some repeaters require a tone to be accessed. DTMF TONES While pushing [PTT], push the desired digit key(s) to transmit DTMF tones.
· The transceiver has 9 DTMF memory channels. 21 for details.
Set the operating band and receive frequency (repeater
Push [MULTI] to enter duplex set mode.
· "D" appears; if "T" appears instead of "D" push [MULTI()] to select "D. "
Push [MULTI()] (or rotate [DIAL]) one or more times to
select DUP ( plus duplex) or DUP (minus duplex).
· When the auto repeater function is in use (USA version only) steps , , and are not necessary (p. · "T" appears.
1750 Hz TONE While pushing [PTT], push and hold [MULTI] for 1 to 2 sec. to transmit a 1750 Hz tone signal.
Tone scan function: When you don't know the subaudible tone used for a repeater, the tone scan is convenient for detecting the tone frequency. 26 for more details.
Push [MULTI()] to select tone set mode.
Push [MULTI()] (or rotate [DIAL]) to activate the subaudible tone encoder according to repeater requirements.
· Refer to the table of subaudible tone frequencies on the following page.
Push and hold [PTT] to transmit.
· The displayed frequency automatically changes to the transmit frequency (repeater input frequency). Push and hold [SQL] to check whether the other station's
transmit signal can be directly received or not. 15
I Subaudible tones for repeater use
I Setting an offset frequency
Some repeaters require subaudible tones to be accessed. Subaudible tones are superimposed over your normal signal and must be set in advance.
When communicating through a repeater, the transmit frequency is shifted from the receive frequency by an amount determined by the offset frequency.
Push [VFO] to select VFO mode. [. . . ] In such a case, memory contents return to their default settings and both transceivers automatically enter VFO mode. Cloning must then be repeated.
While pushing [MR], push [PWR]
to enter cloning mode (master transceiver only--power on only for slave transceiver).
· "CLONE" appears and the transceivers enter the clone standby condition.
Push [PTT] on the master transceiver.
· "CLOUT" appears in the master trans9 5 1 ceiver's display and the S/RF indicator shows that data is being transferred to the slave transceiver. · "CL IN" appears automatically in the slave transceiver's display and the S/RF indicator shows that data is 9 5 1 being received from the master trans-
If your transceiver seems to be malfunctioning, please check the following points before sending it to a service center. PROBLEM
No power comes on.
· The battery is exhausted.
power is off. )
· Charge the battery pack or place new dry cell bat- pgs. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-T7A
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-T7A will begin.