User manual ICOM IC-V80
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM IC-V80. We hope that this ICOM IC-V80 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM IC-V80.
You may also download the following manuals related to this product:
ICOM IC-V80 BROCHURE (271 ko)
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM IC-V80
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] INSTRUCTION MANUAL
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. WARNING: MODIFICATION OF THIS DEVICE TO RECEIVE C E L L U L A R R A D I OT E L E P H O N E S E RV I C E S I G N A L S I S PROHIBITED UNDER FCC RULES AND FEDERAL LAW.
Thank you for purchasing this fine Icom product. The IC-V80/ V80E vhf transceiver is designed and build with Icom's superior technology and craftsmanship. [. . . ] TX freq.
r Push [# ENT] to exit the Set mode.
D Setting the duplex direction
Push [FUNC](M), and then [DUP](4) to select "" (negative offset) or "+" (positive offset).
· "" or "+" indicates the transmit frequency is shifter up (+) or down () from the receive frequency. · Blinking "" or "+" indicates the reverse duplex function is ON, as described to the right.
· Example-- When the offset frequency is 0. 6 MHz
Duplex + (up) (down) While receiving While transmitting
145. 300 MHz 144. 700 MHz 144. 700 MHz 145. 300 MHz
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Some repeaters require subaudible tones to be accessed. Subaudible tones are superimposed over your normal signal, and must be set in advance. (rt) e Rotate [VOL] to select the desired subaudible tone.
[VOL] 88. 5 Hz repeater tone
D Tone information
Some repeaters require a different tone system to be accessed. DTMF TONES While pushing [PTT], push the desired DTMF keys,  to , [MONI](A), (B), (C), [VFO/MR/CALL](D), [M](E), and [# ENT](F), to transmit their assigned DTMF codes.
· The transceiver has 16 DTMF memory channels (p. 35).
1750 Hz TONE To access some European repeaters, the transceiver must transmit a 1750 Hz tone burst. For IC-V80E only Push [PTT] briefly, push and hold [PTT] again for 1 or 2 sec. For other transceivers While pushing [PTT], push and hold either the  or  for 1 or 2 sec. · Available subaudible tone frequencies
67. 0 69. 3 71. 9 74. 4 77. 0 79. 7 82. 5 85. 4 88. 5 91. 5 94. 8 97. 4 100. 0 103. 5 107. 2 110. 9 114. 8 118. 8 123. 0 127. 3 131. 8 136. 5 141. 3 146. 2 151. 4 156. 7 159. 8 162. 2 165. 5 167. 9 171. 3 173. 8 177. 3 179. 9 183. 5 186. 2 189. 9 192. 8 196. 6 199. 5
203. 5 206. 5 210. 7 218. 1 225. 7 229. 1 233. 6 241. 8 250. 3 254. 1
CONVENIENT!Tone scan function: If you don't know the subaudible tone used for a repeater, the tone scan is convenient for detecting the tone frequency. Push [FUNC](M), and then [T. SCAN](3) to start a tone scan.
· When the required tone frequency is detected, the scan pauses, and the tone frequency is temporarily set. · See page 34 for details of the tone scan function.
The lockout function helps prevent interference to other stations by inhibiting transmitting when the channel is busy. q While pushing and holding  and , turn the power ON to enter the Initial Set mode. (RLO) e Rotate [VOL] to select the lockout function option between OFF, repeater lockout, and busy lockout.
· "RLO. OF" : Allows transmitting, even if signals are received. · "RLO. RP" : The repeater lockout function inhibits transmitting when the channel is busy, except while receiving a signal that includes a matched subaudible tone. · "RLO. bU" : The busy lockout function inhibits transmitting while receiving a signal.
Auto repeater function
U. S. A. version only The auto repeater function sets the standard repeater settings (duplex ON/OFF, duplex direction, tone encoder ON/OFF) when the operating frequency falls within or outside of the general repeater output frequency range. The offset and repeater tone frequencies are not changed by the auto repeater function. q While pushing and holding  and , turn the power ON to enter the Initial Set mode. (RPt) e Rotate [VOL] to select a desired option.
· "Rpt. OF" : Turns the function OFF. · "Rpt. R1" : The auto repeater function is activated for duplex only. · "Rpt. R2" : The auto repeater function is activated for duplex and tone encoder.
r Push [# ENT] to exit the Initial Set mode.
[VOL] The repeater lockout function is ON.
r Push [# ENT] to exit the Initial Set mode. [. . . ] r Push  or  to select the VOX gain (VOX), the VOX delay (VXd), or the VOX time-out timer (Vto) item. The VOX function does not activate transmission while in the Set mode.
· VOX gain
If "On" is intermittent, be sure the VOX delay is set long enough to allow normal pauses in speech, but keep the VOX ON until you finish speaking. While transmitting using the VOX function, you can adjust the VOX gain simply by rotating [DIAL].
· VOX delay
Sets the VOX delay to between 0. 5 and 3. 0 sec. The VOX delay is the amount of time the transmitter stays ON after you stop speaking. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM IC-V80
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM IC-V80 will begin.