User manual ICOM UT-109 INSTALLATION REV 1.2
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual ICOM UT-109. We hope that this ICOM UT-109 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide ICOM UT-109.
Manual abstract: user guide ICOM UT-109INSTALLATION REV 1.2
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] t Replace the bottom cover and screws, then the DC power cable.
NOTE: Modification points are marked A or B on the circuit board. B : RX AF circuit.
* Desolder, remove a jumper chip or cut the pattern
· Program the scrambler function ON/OFF and scrambler codes on the [Memory CH] screen, scrambler type*, group codes*, synchronous capture mode* and tone start timing* on the [Common] screen with cloning software when installing this unit. (*UT-110
· Assign the scrambler function to a programmable key as [SCRM] on [Key & Display Assign] screen, if required. · Operation with the [SCRM] key:
- Push and hold to turn the voice scrambler function ON. [. . . ] (CCIR 5-tone format) In the memory CH screen, set necessary channels to LOG IN. NOTE: At above settings, when the period from pushing PTT to when you can talk seems long, set the 2nd timer in the Expert screen to OFF and set the Tone Start Timing to 0. 600. In the memory CH screen, return necessary channel ID's to 1 from 1L. M Other notes For communication between F300/F400/S series and F3/F4/S series, make sure that the F3/F4/S series power saver settings are set to the same values as the F300/F400/S series Tone Start Timing settings. When using the UT-109/UT-110 for non-rolling type scrambling there are 32 available scramble codes. In the memory CH screen, 1 to 255 can be input as codes however, many of these codes are identical (adding 32 to a code results in the same scramble code). The following groups of codes are the same: 1 to 32 (33 to 64) (65 to 96) (97 to 128) (129 to 160) (161 to 192) (193 to 224) (225 to 255) When using the UT-110 for rolling type scrambling similar but different codes will often result in a match. (*UT-110 only) · Assign the scrambler function to a programmable key as "Scrambler" on Key & Display Assign screen, if required. · Operation with the [SCRM] key:
- Push and hold to turn the voice scrambler function ON. - Push to turn the voice scrambler function OFF.
NOTE FOR REMOVAL
Be sure to resolder above disconnected points, otherwise no TX modulation or AF output is available when you remove the scrambler units.
IC-F3GT/GS, IC-F4GT/GS SERIES MODIFICATION POINTS
M Model: IC-F3GT/GS
· Modification points. (C and F)
· Cut the junction patterns C and F on the PC board.
C F Service window
M Model: IC-F4GT/IC-F4GS
· Modification points. (C and F)
· Cut the junction patterns C and F on the PC board same as above.
IC-F3GT/GS, IC-F4GT/GS SERIES CLONING -1
Memory CH screen
D SCRAMBLER ON/OFF/Inhibit Turns the scrambler function "ON" or "OFF" as a initial setting. This item can also be turned "ON" or "OFF" with a program function switch when the function is assigned to a switch. "Inhibit": This means the scrambler function selection is inhibited.
D Scrambler code Set the scrambler code number. Selectable value; UT-109: 1 to 32 UT-110: 1 to 255 *UT-110 requires to set the scrambler group code (1 to 4) in the Common 2 screen. Use the same Group Code and Scrambler code for same group.
D SYNCHRONOUS CAPTURE (UT-110 only) "Synchronous capture mode" is useful when communicating through a repeater. However, because of voice components, the transceiver can not maintain synchronous mode in rare cases. Selectable value; Standard (Normal operation) Continuous (repeater operation) D TONE START TIMING (UT-110 only) Tone start timing selects the synchronous tone signal transmit delay time. Set the delay time when the other party's transceiver has power save mode. Selectable value; OFF(default) 0. 300s, 0. 600s, 1. 100s
D SCRAMBLER TYPE (UT-110 only) Set the UT-110 Rolling type scrambler as UT-109 Nonrolling type. As UT-110 and UT-109 have different code settings, they are not compatible. By selecting Non-rolling type in this item, you can use UT-110 as UT-109. [. . . ] r Unscrew 2 screws e, then take off the chassis from the front panel in the direction of the arrow. Be careful!: Flat cable is connected between the MAIN unit on the chassis and front panel. NOTE: When installing UT-105 or UT-111, the unit MUST BE plugged into OPT1. (Other optional units can be plugged into either slot. ) y Program the necessary information with the cloning software before operation.
a c e
d d b
· Program the scrambler function ON/OFF/Inhibit and scrambler codes on the Edit Memory CH screen, Scrambler type*, Group code*, Synchronous Capture mode* and Tone Start Timing* on the [Common 2] screen with cloning software when installing scrambler unit. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE ICOM UT-109
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual ICOM UT-109 will begin.