User manual KENWOOD KDV-3241Y
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual KENWOOD KDV-3241Y. We hope that this KENWOOD KDV-3241Y user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide KENWOOD KDV-3241Y.
Manual abstract: user guide KENWOOD KDV-3241Y
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] DVD-RECEIVER
© B64-4141-08/00 (E2)
B64-4141-08_00_E2_En. indd 1
08. 1. 25 9:28:39 AM
Before use Component Names and Functions Basic Operation 3 8 10 SETUP Menu 18 Photo Operation
JPEG/TIFF disc compatibility with this player is limited as follows Viewing slide shows Moving to another folder Moving to another file Slide show interval time Repeat Viewing still picture Zoom Rotating the picture
Turning the unit on Turning the unit off Inserting a disc Ejecting a disc Selecting a source Selecting a media type Adjusting the volume Mute Checking the clock Loudness Using the EQ (Equalizer) Adjusting the sound level Changing the general settings
SETUP Menu Language Menu Language Disc Audio/Subtitle/Menu Display TV Aspect B. L. E. (Black Level Expansion) Audio Dolby Digital/DTS/MPEG Dynamic Range Control (DRC) Lock (Parental Control) Rating Password Area Code Others PBC DivX VOD
Listening to radio stations Storing broadcast frequencies Auto search memory To scan the preset stations To tune in the preset stations
RDS display options Selecting a media type TA (Traffic Announcement identification) function
CD/MP3/WMA Operation 15
MP3/WMA Disc compatibility with this unit is limited as follows Playing an Audio CD MP3/ WMA disc Pause Skip to next track/file Skip to previous track/file Return to the beginning of the current track/file Moving to another track/file Search Intro scan Repeat Random CD TEXT/ID3 TAG To skip to the next or previous folder
Displaying Disc Information on-screen Playing a DVD and Video CD Pre-Stop Stop Pause Still picture and frame-byframe playback Slow motion Moving to another title When a disc has more than one title, you can move to another title as follows Moving to another chapter/ track Skip to next chapter/track Skip to previous chapter/track Return to the beginning of the current chapter/track Scan Repeat Time search Disc menu PBC menu Camera angle Changing the audio language Changing the audio channel Subtitles Zoom
DivX disc compatibility with this player is limited as follows Playing a movie file Playing DivX VOD content Pre-Stop Stop Pause Still picture and frame-byframe playback Slow motion Scan Skip Repeat Time search Changing the audio language Subtitles Notice for displaying the DivX subtitle
Playing an auxiliary equipment
Language code list Area code list
Accessories/ Installation Procedure 34 Installation/Removing the Unit 35 Connecting Wires to Terminals 36
Troubleshooting Guide 38 Specifications 39
B64-4141-08_00_E2_En. indd 2
08. 1. 25 9:28:40 AM
To prevent injury or fire, take the following precautions:
• To prevent a short circuit, never put or leave any metallic objects (such as coins or metal tools) inside the unit. • If you experience problems during installation, consult your Kenwood dealer. • When you purchase optional accessories, check with your Kenwood dealer to make sure that they work with your model and in your area. [. . . ] • Original: Refers to the original language in which the disc was recorded. • Other: To select another language, press number buttons and then [ENTER] to enter the corresponding 4-digit number according to the language code list (page 32). If you enter the wrong language code, input the 4-digit number and press any number button. When – – – – appears on the screen, input the 4-digit number correctly. If you select Off, disc subtitle is not displayed.
• Press  to go back to the previous level.
B64-4141-08_00_E2_En. indd 18
08. 1. 25 9:28:53 AM
Each DVD disc has a variety of audio output options. Set the player’s AUDIO options according to the type of audio system you use.
• 16:9: Select when a 16:9 wide TV is connected. Displays a wide picture with bands on the upper and lower portions of the screen. Automatically displays the wide picture on the entire screen and cuts off the portions that do not fit.
• Bitstream: Select Bitstream if you connect the Digital optical out jack of this unit to an amplifier or other equipment with a Dolby Digital, DTS or MPEG decoder. • PCM: Select when connected to a 2-channel digital stereo amplifier. DVDs encoded in Dolby Digital or MPEG will be automatically downmixed to 2channel PCM audio. • Off (for DTS): If you select Off, the DTS signal is not output through the optical out jack.
• In case of DivX file, TV Aspect of 4:3 Letter Box and 4:3 Pan Scan are the same.
B. L. E. (Black Level Expansion)
To select the black level of playback pictures. • Off: Standard grey scale.
Dynamic Range Control (DRC)
With the DVD format, you can hear a program’s soundtrack in the most accurate and realistic presentation, thanks to digital audio technology. However, you may wish to compress the dynamic range of the audio output (the difference between the loudest sounds and the quietest ones). This allows you to listen to a movie at a lower volume without losing clarity of sound. function works NTSC system only.
B64-4141-08_00_E2_En. indd 19
08. 1. 25 9:28:53 AM
Lock (Parental Control)
To access the Rating, Password and Area Code features, you must input the 4- digit password you created. If you have not yet entered a password you are prompted to do so.
• If you set a rating for the player, all disc scenes with the same rating or lower are played. Higher rated scenes are not played unless an alternate scene is available on the disc. You must enter the 4-digit password or change the rating level in order to play the disc.
You can enter or change password.
To make a new password: 1 Select Password on the Lock menu and then
1 Input a 4-digit code and press [ENTER].
• If you made a mistake before pressing [ENTER], press  to delete the digits one by one.
2 Press [ENTER] when the New option is
3 Enter a new password using the number
buttons then press [ENTER].
2 Enter it again and press [ENTER] to verify.
4 Enter the password again to verify. To change the password: 1 Select Password on the Lock menu and then
Some movies contain scenes that may not be suitable for children to view. Many of these discs contain parental control information that applies to the complete disc or to certain scenes on the disc. The parental control feature allows you to block access to scenes below the rating you input, thereby preventing your children from being able to view material you believe is unsuitable.
2 Press [ENTER] when the Change option is
3 Enter a current password using the numbered
buttons then press [ENTER].
4 Enter a new password using the numbered
buttons then press [ENTER].
5 Enter the password again to verify. [. . . ] • Make sure to ground the unit to a negative 12V DC power supply. • Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too much dust or the possibility of water splashing. • Make sure that all wire connections are securely made by inserting jacks until they lock completely. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE KENWOOD KDV-3241Y
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual KENWOOD KDV-3241Y will begin.