User manual KENWOOD KVT-536DVD
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual KENWOOD KVT-536DVD. We hope that this KENWOOD KVT-536DVD user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide KENWOOD KVT-536DVD.
Manual abstract: user guide KENWOOD KVT-536DVD
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] Press the reset button.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other similar material. To prevent a short circuit, do not remove the caps on the ends of the unconnected wires or the terminals. • Connect the speaker wires correctly to the terminals to which they correspond. [. . . ] Metal part such as the heat sink and enclosure become hot.
• Mounting and wiring this product requires skills and experience. For safety’s sake, leave the mounting and wiring work to professionals. • Make sure to ground the unit to a negative 12V DC power supply. • Do not install the unit in a spot exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat or humidity. Also avoid places with too much dust or the possibility of water splashing. • If the power is not turned ON (“PROTECT” is displayed), the speaker wire may have a short-circuit or touched the chassis of the vehicle and the protection function may have been activated. • If your car’s ignition does not have an ACC position, connect the ignition wires to a power source that can be turned on and off with the ignition key. If you connect the ignition wire to a power source with a constant voltage supply, as with battery wires, the battery may die. • If the console has a lid, make sure to install the unit so that the faceplate will not hit the lid when closing and opening. • If the fuse blows, first make sure the wires aren’t touching to cause a short circuit, then replace the old fuse with one with the same rating.
B54-4752-00_00_KVT-536DVD_En. indd 3
09. 10. 26 4:08:36 PM
Connecting Wires to Terminals
Ignition key switch ACC Ignition wire (Red) Battery wire (Yellow) Car fuse box (Main fuse) Car fuse box Ground wire (Black)- (To car chassis) If you connect the ignition wire (red) and the battery wire (yellow) to the car chassis (ground), you may cause a short circuit, that in turn may start a fire. Always connect those wires to the power source running through the fuse box. USB device (commercially available)
Battery FUSE ( 15A ) Connect to the vehicle's parking brake detection switch harness.
Parking sensor wire (Light Green)
For the sake of safety, be sure to connect the parking sensor. Reverse sensor wire (Purple/White)
Connect to vehicle’s reverse lamp harness when using the optional rear view camera.
To car light control switch
Dimmer control wire (Orange/White)
To use the steering wheel remote control feature, you need to an exclusive remote adapter (not supplied) matches your car is required.
Steering remote control input (Light Blue/Yellow) To steering remote
Connect to the terminal that is grounded when either the telephone rings or during conversation. To connect the Kenwood navigation system, consult your navigation manual. Depending on what antenna you are using, connect either to the control terminal of the motor antenna, or to the power terminal for the booster amplifier of the film-type or short pole type antenna. When using the optional power amplifier, connect to its power control terminal.
Mute wire (Brown)
Motor antenna control wire (Blue)
Power control wire (Blue/White)
If no connections are made, do not let the cable come out from the tab.
B54-4752-00_00_KVT-536DVD_En. indd 4
09. 10. 26 4:08:36 PM
FM/AM antenna input Wiring harness (Accessory 1) Audio/Visual input / Rear View Camera Input • Visual input (Yellow) • Audio left input (White) • Audio right input (Red) Audio/Visual Output • Visual output (Yellow) • Audio left output (White) • Audio right output (Red)
Wiring harness (Accessory 2)
AV IN REAR VIEW CAMERA
REVERSE AV OUT ILLUMI
STEERING WHEEL REMOTE INPUT
Rear/Subwoofer Preout • Audio left output (White) • Audio right output (Red) Front Preout • Audio left output (White) • Audio right output (Red)
White/Black White Gray/Black Gray Green/Black Green Purple/Black Purple
+ + + +
To front left speaker
To front right speaker
P. [. . . ] When the lower level is removed, remove the upper two locations.
• Be careful to avoid injury from the catch pins on the removal tool.
4. Pull the unit all the way out with your hands, being careful not to drop it.
B54-4752-00_00_KVT-536DVD_En. indd 8
09. 10. 26 4:08:41 PM
Installing in Japanese-made Cars
Installation on Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi Car using Brackets at Holes shown by "●"
Accessory 5 (M5x6mm) or Accessory 6 (M5x7mm) Car Bracket
Accessory 5 (M5x6mm) or Accessory 6 (M5x7mm)
Screws (included in audio unit package) Screws (included in audio unit package)
Audio unit or others
• Do not use your own screws. If you use the wrong screws, you could damage the unit.
B54-4752-00_00_KVT-536DVD_En. indd 9
09. 10. 26 4:08:42 PM
Installing in Japanese-made Cars
Installation on Toyota Car using Brackets at Holes shown by "●"
When using the bracket shown above, you cannot use screws at two holes of the right and left unit sides.
1. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE KENWOOD KVT-536DVD
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual KENWOOD KVT-536DVD will begin.