User manual OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW. We hope that this OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW.
Manual abstract: user guide OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] DIGITAL CAMERA
Quick Start Guide
Get started using your camera right away.
Using OLYMPUS Master Getting to know your camera better Appendix
( Thank you for purchasing an Olympus digital camera. Before you start to use your new camera, please read these instructions carefully to enjoy optimum performance and a longer service life. ( We recommend that you take test shots to get accustomed to your camera before taking important photographs. ( In the interest of continually improving products, Olympus reserves the right to update or modify information contained in this manual. [. . . ] Select the date and time setting, and press o.
· The setting is applied to the remaining pictures with print reservations.
Select [SET], and press o.
Using OLYMPUS Master
Using the USB cable provided with your camera, you can connect the camera and computer and download (transfer) the images to your computer using the OLYMPUS Master software, also provided with the camera. Prepare the following items before starting.
OLYMPUS Master 2 CD-ROM
A computer that satisfies the operating environment (P. 46) requirements
What is OLYMPUS Master?
OLYMPUS Master is a software application for managing your digital images on your computer.
Install the OLYMPUS Master software
Using OLYMPUS Master
Before installing the OLYMPUS Master software, please confirm that your computer is compatible with the following system requirements. For newer operating systems, please refer to the Olympus web site as shown on the back cover of this manual.
Windows OS CPU RAM Monitor Macintosh Windows 2000 Professional/XP Home Mac OS X v10. 3 or later Edition/XP Professional/Vista Pentium III 500 MHz or later 256 MB or more Power PC G3 500 MHz or later Intel Core Solo/Duo 1. 5 GHz or later 256 MB or more 500 MB or more
Hard disk capacity 500 MB or more
1, 024 × 768 pixels or more 32, 000 1, 024 × 768 pixels or more 65, 536 colors or more (16. 77 million colors or colors or more (16. 77 million colors or more recommended) more recommended) USB port or IEEE 1394 port Internet Explorer 6 or later QuickTime 7 or later recommended DirectX 9 or later recommended USB port or IEEE 1394 port (FireWire) Safari 1. 0 or later (1. 3 or later recommended) QuickTime 6 or later
· Use a computer with a pre-installed operating system. Operations are not guaranteed on home-built computers or computers with an updated operating system. · Operations are not guaranteed when using an added USB or IEEE 1394 (FireWire) port. · To install the software, you must log on as a user with administrators' privileges. · If you are using Macintosh, be sure to remove the media (drag & drop onto the trash icon) before performing the following operations. Failure to do so could result in unstable computer operation and the need to reboot. · Disconnect the cable connecting the camera to the computer · Turn off the camera · Open the camera's battery/card compartment cover
For how to install the OLYMPUS Master software, refer to the installation guide included in the CD-ROM.
Connecting the camera to a computer
Make sure the camera is turned off.
· The monitor is off. · The lens cover is closed.
Using OLYMPUS Master
Connect the multi-connector on the camera to the USB port on the computer using the provided USB cable.
· Refer to your computer's instruction manual to locate the position of the USB port. · The monitor turns on and the selection screen for the USB connection is displayed.
Select [PC], and press o.
PC EASY PRINT CUSTOM PRINT EXIT
The camera is recognized by the computer.
· Windows When you connect the camera to your computer for the first time, the computer attempts to recognize the camera. · Macintosh The iPhoto program is the default application for managing digital images. When you connect your digital camera for the first time, the iPhoto application starts automatically, so close this application and start OLYMPUS Master.
· The camera functions are disabled while the camera is connected to a computer. · Connecting the camera to a computer via a USB hub may cause unstable operation. In this case, do not use a hub, but connect the camera directly to the computer. · Images cannot be transferred to your computer with OLYMPUS Master if [PC] is selected in Step 3, 3 is pressed and [MTP] is selected.
Start up the OLYMPUS Master software
Using OLYMPUS Master
Double-click the "OLYMPUS Master 2" icon Double-click the "OLYMPUS Master 2" icon Master 2" folder.
on the desktop. in the "OLYMPUS
· The browse window is displayed. · When OLYMPUS Master is started up for the first time after installation, the OLYMPUS Master initial setting screen and user registration screen are displayed before the browse window. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Displaying camera images on a computer
Downloading and saving images
Click "Transfer Images" on the browse window, and then click "From Camera" .
· The window for selecting the pictures you want to transfer from the camera is displayed. All the images in the camera are displayed.
2 3 4
Select "New Album" and enter an album name. Select the image files and click "Transfer Images".
· A window indicating that the download is complete is displayed.
Click "Browse images now".
· The downloaded images are displayed in the browse window.
To disconnect the camera
Make sure that the card access lamp has stopped blinking.
Card access lamp
Make the following preparations for disconnecting the USB cable. [. . . ] · · · · ·
Product type Recording system Still pictures Applicable standards Sound with still pictures Movies Memory No. of effective pixels Image pickup device Lens Photometric system Shutter speed Shooting range : Digital camera (for recording and playback) : Digital recording, JPEG (in accordance with Design rule for Camera File system (DCF)) : Exif 2. 2, Digital Print Order Format (DPOF), PRINT Image Matching III, PictBridge : Wave format : AVI Motion JPEG : Internal memory xD-Picture Card 16 MB to 2 GB (TypeH/M, Standard) : Approx. 190 (based on CIPA battery life measurement standards) : 8, 100, 000 pixels : 1/2. 35" CCD (primary color filter), 8, 500, 000 (gross) : Olympus lens 6. 7 to 20. 1 mm, f3. 5 to 5. 0 (equivalent to 38 to 114 mm on a 35 mm camera) : Digital ESP metering, spot metering system : 4 to 1/1000 sec. : 0. 5 m (1. 6 ft. ) to ) (W/T) (normal) 0. 2 m (0. 7 ft. ) to ) (W), 0. 3 m (1. 0 ft. ) to ) (T) (macro mode) 0. 07 m (2. 8 in. ) to 0. 5 m (1. 6 ft. ) (W only) (super macro mode) 0. 07 m (2. 8 in. ) to 0. 2 m (0. 7 ft. ) (W only) (S-macro LED mode) : 2. 5" TFT color LCD display, 230, 000 dots : Approx. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual OLYMPUS Μ 850 SW will begin.