User manual OLYMPUS VN-712PC
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual OLYMPUS VN-712PC. We hope that this OLYMPUS VN-712PC user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide OLYMPUS VN-712PC.
Manual abstract: user guide OLYMPUS VN-712PC
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER
Thank you for purchasing an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder. Please read these instructions for information about using the product correctly and safely. To ensure successful recordings, we recommend that you test the record function and volume before use.
· The contents of this document may be changed in the future without advanced notice. Contact our Customer Support Center for the latest information relating to product names and model numbers. [. . . ] Combinations of sampling rates and bit rates for music files which the recorder can playback are given below.
File format Sampling frequency MPEG1 Layer3: 32 kHz, 44. 1 kHz, 48 kHz MPEG2 Layer3: 16 kHz, 22. 05 kHz, 24 kHz 8 kHz, 11 kHz, 16 kHz, 22 kHz, 32 kHz, 44. 1 kHz, 48 kHz Bit rate
Changing the playback speed
Change the speed according to need such as listening to meeting content at a fast speed or reviewing spots that you couldn't catch in a language lesson at a slow speed.
Playback 1 While the recorder is in playback mode, press the `OK button. 2 Press the + or - button to select playback speed.
From 8 kbps up to 320 kbps
From 5 kbps up to 320 kbps
· Variable bitrate MP3 files (in which conversion bitrates can vary) may not be played back properly. · Even if the file format is compatible for playback on this recorder, the recorder does not support every encoder.
[x1. 0 Play] (Normal playback): Playback at normal speed. [x0. 5 Play] [x0. 9 Play] (Slow playback): Playback speed slows down. [x1. 1 Play] [x2. 0 Play] (Fast playback): Playback speed becomes faster.
3 Press the `OK button.
Setting an index mark or a temp mark
If index marks and temp marks are placed, you can quickly find a location you want to listen to in fast forward and fast rewind and when cuing a file. Index marks cannot be placed on files created on machines other than this recorder, but temp marks can be placed instead to temporarily remember desired locations.
· Even if playback is stopped, the changed playback speed will be retained. The next playback will be at that speed.
About the limits of fast playback Normal operation may not be available depending on the sampling frequency and the bit rate of the file to be played back. In such a case, reduce the speed of the fast playback.
Notes · As in normal playback mode, you can stop playback, cue a file, or insert an index or temp mark in slow playback and fast playback modes as well. · The slow playback or fast playback is available even if [ Voice Filter] is set ( P. 33). · When using the slow playback or fast playback function, the following functions are not available. · [Noise Cancel] ( P. 33) (VN-713PC only)
1 While the recorder is in recording mode or playback mode, press the FOLDER/INDEX button.
· Even after an index or temp mark is placed, recording or playback will continue so you can place index or temp marks in other locations in a similar manner.
Clearing an index mark or a temp mark Notes · Temp marks are temporary markings. They will be automatically erased if you move to another file or connect the recorder to a computer. If you try to place more than 99 index or temp marks, the [No more can be set] message will appear for index marks, and [No more can be set] for temp marks. · Index or temp marks cannot be set or erased in a locked file ( P. 28).
1 Select a file in which index or temp marks you wish to erase are contained. Playback
How to begin segment repeat playback
This function enables repeated playback of part of the file being played.
3 While the index or temp number is displayed for approximately 2 seconds on the display, press the ERASE button.
· The index or temp mark is erased.
1 Select a file that has a segment you would like to play back repeatedly, and start playback.
· Index or temp numbers after the erased index or temp number will be automatically decreased by 1.
2 Press the REC ( s ) button at the point you want to start segment repeat playback.
· [ w ] will flash on the display. Note · As in normal playback mode, playback speed can be changed during segment repeat playback as well ( P. 21). If an index mark and temp mark are placed or cleared during segment repeat playback, segment repeat playback will be canceled and it will return to normal playback mode ( P. 22). Canceling the segment repeat playback function
· You can fast forward, rewind, or change playback speed as you can operate in normal mode while [ w ] is flashing to find the end position ( P. 21). · When it reaches the end of the file while [ w ] is flashing, point [ x ] becomes the end of the file, and repeat playback will start.
3 Press the REC ( s ) button again at the position where you want to end segment repeat playback.
· The recorder continuously plays back the segment until the segment repeat playback is canceled.
Pressing any of the following buttons will release the segment repeat playback. a Press the STOP ( 4) button b Press the REC ( s ) button c Press the 9 button d Press the 0 button
A selected file can be erased from a folder. Also, all files in a folder can be erased simultaneously.
6 Press the `OK button.
· The display changes to [Erasing!] and erasing will start. · [Erased] is displayed when the file is erased.
1 Select the file you want to erase ( P. 15). [. . . ] Click [Safely remove USB Mass Storage Device].
· The drive letter will differ depending on the PC being used. · When the window indicating that it is safe to remove hardware window appears, close the window.
2 Confirm that the recorder LED indicator light is gone before disconnecting the USB cable. EN
Q-1 Nothing happens when a button is pressed. · The batteries may be inserted incorrectly.
Accessories exclusive to the Olympus voice recorder can be purchased directly from Online Shop on our company's website. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE OLYMPUS VN-712PC
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual OLYMPUS VN-712PC will begin.