User manual OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets... DON'T FORGET : ALWAYS READ THE USER GUIDE BEFORE BUYING !!!
If this document matches the user guide, instructions manual or user manual, feature sets, schematics you are looking for, download it now. Lastmanuals provides you a fast and easy access to the user manual OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70. We hope that this OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70 user guide will be useful to you.
Lastmanuals help download the user guide OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70.
Manual abstract: user guide OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70
Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] Turning the camera ON
· Slide the lens barrier open fully until it clicks. · To turn the camera off, slide the lens barrier until you feel the first click. Wait until the lens is fully retracted, then close the lens barrier all the way.
OK/Menu button Monitor button (QUICK VIEW Playback button ( ) Arrow pad (
Flash mode button
b. Setting the Date and Time
TIP To maximize battery life, the Digital camera features a power saving mode in which the camera enters a sleep mode after approximately three (3) minutes of non-use. [. . . ] This affects the way image file names are created, and will conveniently include this information with each picture.
· With the front lens barrier closed, press once. The monitor will turn on with "NO PICTURE" displayed in the monitor. The date and time can also be set when the camera is in the shooting mode. · Adjust the date and time in the appropriate fields by using to select the field, and to set the proper value. Repeat this step until all date/time fields have been set.
Note: Time is entered using the 24-hour format.
Camera Settings in Shooting Mode as shown in Monitor
Shooting mode Battery check Green lamp Flash stand-by Macro mode Flash mode Exposure compensation Metering White balance AF target mark
c. Camera Diagram and Controls
USB connector Strap eyelet
twice to set the date and time and exit the menu.
Sequential shooting Self-timer Memory gauge Record mode Resolution Number of storable still pictures
Now take a moment to familiarize yourself with the key areas of camera controls by reviewing the illustrations.
Self-timer control lamp Flash DC-IN jack/VIDEO OUT jack cover
Camera Settings in Playback Mode as shown in Monitor
Print reservation Number of prints
Protect Record mode Resolution Exposure compensation White balance
Date and time File number (still picture) Card cover Battery compartment cover Lens barrier Lens VIDEO OUT jack DC-IN jack
Note: Depending on the camera settings, not all indicators will be displayed.
Printed in Japan
a. Taking a Picture with the Viewfinder
· Open the lens barrier fully. · Frame your subjects using the AF target mark in the viewfinder. · Press the shutter button halfway.
There are two ways to compose your subject: using the monitor or with the viewfinder. Depending upon the shooting situation, there may be advantages to each method. Please refer to the printed Basic Manual for more information.
Icons representing camera settings appear on the monitor, telling you important information such as the Flash and record modes, battery life, and the number of frames remaining.
· Press the shutter button halfway. This Digital camera offers two ways to permanently erase unwanted digital photos: Single-Frame Erase: Deletes only the picture currently displayed in the monitor.
All-Frame Erase: Deletes all pictures on the xD-Picture Card in one operation, except for pictures you have protected.
Once erased, pictures cannot be restored.
· With the lens barrier closed, press . · Use to select the CARD tab, then press twice to access the CARD SETUP screen. · As a safeguard, the Digital camera will ask you to select YES or NO to confirm erasing, as this process permanently deletes all unprotected pictures. Select YES and press .
Once erased, pictures cannot be restored.
CONNECTING THE CAMERA TO A COMPUTER
TIP Olympus recommends using the optional AC adapter to ensure a consistent power supply when downloading images.
Windows 98 users must install the "USB Driver for Windows 98" software before connecting the Digital camera to the computer. Refer to the Software Installation Guide for complete information.
· Press the button if the camera does not turn on automatically. The camera starts communicating with the PC.
Make sure that the camera is turned off before connecting it to your computer.
Olympus makes it simple to connect the Digital camera to your computer. · Plug the supplied USB cable into the USB connector on your camera and computer as illustrated at right.
INSTALLING THE CAMERA SOFTWARE
Additional Camera Features
This Digital camera offers a host of advanced features to expand your creativity. · 4 Scene Program Shooting Modes: This camera has 4 shooting modes to choose from depending on the shooting conditions and the effect you want to achieve. · Sequential Shooting: Take a rapid succession of still pictures. · Still Picture Editing: Edit still pictures and store them as new pictures. (Movies cannot be recorded with sound. ) · Two-in-one Pictures: Combine two separate images taken in succession and store them as a single picture. [. . . ] (Movies cannot be recorded with sound. ) · Two-in-one Pictures: Combine two separate images taken in succession and store them as a single picture. · Close-up Playback: Enlarge the pictures in the monitor to check details of the selected image. · Index Display: View several thumbnail pictures on the monitor at once. · Protecting Pictures: Prevents you from accidentally erasing photos. [. . . ]
DISCLAIMER TO DOWNLOAD THE USER GUIDE OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70
Lastmanuals offers a socially driven service of sharing, storing and searching manuals related to use of hardware and software : user guide, owner's manual, quick start guide, technical datasheets...
In any way can't Lastmanuals be held responsible if the document you are looking for is not available, incomplete, in a different language than yours, or if the model or language do not match the description. Lastmanuals, for instance, does not offer a translation service.
Click on "Download the user Manual" at the end of this Contract if you accept its terms, the downloading of the manual OLYMPUS ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 70 will begin.