Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] Some of the contents in this manual may differ from your device depending on the software of the device or your service provider.
World Wide Web http://www. samsungmobile. com
Printed in Korea Code No. :GH68-25465A English (CEN). 1. 0
using this manual
This user manual has been specially designed to guide you through the functions and features of your mobile device.
Before you start, familiarise yourself with the icons you will see in this manual: Warning--situations that could cause injury to yourself or others Caution--situations that could cause damage to your device or other equipment Note--notes, usage tips, or additional information Refer to--pages with related information; for example: p. 12 (represents "see page 12")
Followed by--the order of options or menus you must select to perform a step; for example: Select Messaging New message (represents Messaging, followed by New message) ] Square brackets--device keys; for example: [ ] (represents the Power key)
· Google, Android, Google Talk, Google Mail, and Google Maps are trademarks of Google, Inc. · Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. [. . . ] Select the label of the messages you want to view.
Set up a POP3 or IMAP account
You can retrieve messages from up to five POP3 or IMAP accounts. From the Home screen, open the application list and select Google Mail. From the Home screen, open the application list and select Email an email account. ] Add
View email messages
When you open an email account, you can view previously retrieved emails offline or connect to the email server to view new messages. From the Home screen, open the application list and select Email your mailbox. Select an email message from the message thread list.
7. If you are offline or outside your service area, the message will be held in the message thread list until you are online and in your service area.
Delete an email account
Learn to send instant messages to your friends or family via Google Talk.
Add friends to your Friends list
1. To add a new friend, enter the contact information on the Invite screen and select Send Invitation.
Start a chat
1. From the Home screen, open the application list and select Google Talk. The Friends list shows all of your messenger contacts at a glance, divided into Available, Away, Busy, and Offline categories.
Supported file formats
Learn to use the media applications on your device: Music, Videos, Camera, Gallery.
Your device supports the following file formats:
Audio Video Image
Extension . arm, . mp3, . mid, . ogg, . wav, . imy, . ota, . rtttl . 3gp, . mp4 . bmp, . gif, . jpg, . png Codec · Decoding: MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MIDI (SMF, XMF, RTTTL/RTX, OTA, iMeoldy) · Encoding: AMR-NB · Decoding: - Video: H. 264, MPEG4, H. 263 - Audio: AAC, AMR-NB · Encoding: MPEG4 (Video) + AMR-NB (Audio)
Learn how to listen to music via the music player.
Play music files
1. Control playback using the following icons and keys:
Add music files to your device
Start by adding files to your device or memory card: · Download from the wireless web. Using an optional PC data cable, connect the multifunction jack on your device to a PC. Copy files from the PC to the memory card.
Function Pause or resume playback Restart playback; Scan backward (touch and hold) Skip forward; Scan forward (touch and hold) Open the playlist Activate Shuffle mode Change the repeat mode
Adjust the volume Access the options
Create a playlist
1. Press [
Learn to play video files stored in your device. Control playback using the following icons and keys:
] Add to playlist New.
4. To add more music files to the playlist, play a file and press [ ] Add to playlist the playlist.
Use the party shuffle feature
You can add all music files to the playlist that is currently playing. To turn off the party shuffle feature, select
Function Pause or resume playback Scan backward Scan forward
Adjust the volume
Learn the basics to capture and view photos and videos. To use the camera, you must first insert a memory card.
1. After capturing photos, select the thumbnail at the top left of the screen to view the photos.
6. After capturing videos, select the thumbnail at the top left of the screen to view the videos.
Customise camera settings
1. Customise the following options: · Store location in pictures: Set to capture photos with location information (latitude, longitude). [. . . ] b
You enter a number, but the call is not dialled · Ensure that you have pressed [ ]. · Ensure that you have not set call barring for the phone number. You select a contact to call, but the call is not dialled · Ensure that the correct number is stored in the contact information. Another caller cannot hear you speaking · Ensure that you are not blocking the built-in microphone. [. . . ]