Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] You can purchase additional accessories from your local Samsung dealer. Accessories other than the supplied ones may not be compatible with your device.
Before you start, familiarise yourself with the icons you will see in this manual: Warning--situations that could cause injury to yourself or others Caution--situations that could cause damage to your device or other equipment
Note--notes, usage tips, or additional information  Square brackets--device keys
Copyright © 2011 Samsung Electronics This manual is protected under international copyright laws. No part of this manual may be reproduced, distributed, translated, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or storing in any information storage and retrieval system, without the prior written permission of Samsung Electronics.
· SAMSUNG and the SAMSUNG logo are registered · The Android logo, Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, · · ·
trademarks of Samsung Electronics. Google MailTM, YouTubeTM, Android MarketTM, and Google TalkTM are trademarks of Google, Inc. [. . . ] For details, contact your service provider.
Text and multimedia message
You can create and send a simple text message or a multimedia message which can contain text, image, video, and sound files.
You can use the email application to send email messages on your device. Before you send and receive email messages, you must add an email account.
Connect to the internet
You can connect to the wireless web by using the WLAN feature or mobile network connections. You can bookmark your favourite web pages or use various web options.
You may incur additional charges for accessing the web and downloading media files. For details, contact your service provider.
To prevent injury to yourself and others or damage to your device, read all of the following information before using your device.
Warning: Prevent electric shock, fire, and explosion
Do not use damaged power cords or plugs, or loose electrical sockets Do not touch the power cord with wet hands, or disconnect the charger by pulling on the cord Do not bend or damage the power cord Do not use your device while charging or touch your device with wet hands Do not short-circuit the charger or the battery Do not drop or cause an impact to the charger or the battery Do not charge the battery with chargers that are not approved by the manufacturer Do not use your device during a thunderstorm
Your device may malfunction and your risk of electric shock is increased.
Do not handle a damaged or leaking Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) battery
For safe disposal of your Li-Ion batteries, contact your nearest authorised service centre.
Handle and dispose of batteries and chargers with care
· Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers specifically designed for your device. Incompatible batteries and chargers can cause serious injuries or damage to your device. Follow all local regulations when disposing of used batteries or devices.
· Never place batteries or devices on or in heating devices, such as microwave ovens, stoves, or radiators. Avoid exposing the battery to high external pressure, which can lead to an internal short circuit and overheating.
Protect the device, batteries, and chargers from damage
· Avoid exposing your device and batteries to very cold or very hot temperatures. · Extreme temperatures can cause the deformation of the device and reduce the charging capacity and life of your device and batteries. · Prevent batteries from contacting metal objects, as this can create a connection between the + and terminals of your batteries and lead to temporary or permanent battery damage. · Never use a damaged charger or battery.
Caution: Follow all safety warnings and regulations when using your device in restricted areas
Turn off your device where prohibited
Comply with all regulations that restrict the use of a mobile device in a particular area.
Do not use your device near other electronic devices
Most electronic devices use radio frequency signals. Your device may interfere with other electronic devices.
Do not use your device near a pacemaker
· Avoid using your device within a 15 cm range of a pacemaker if possible, as your device can interfere with the pacemaker. If you feel any discomfort, stop using the device immediately.
Reduce the risk of repetitive motion injuries
When you repetitively perform actions, such as pressing keys, drawing characters on a touch screen with your fingers, or playing games, you may experience occasional discomfort in your hands, neck, shoulders, or other parts of your body. When using your device for extended periods, hold the device with a relaxed grip, press the keys lightly, and take frequent breaks. If you continue to have discomfort during or after such use, stop use and see a physician.
Ensure maximum battery and charger life
· Avoid charging batteries for more than a week, as overcharging may shorten battery life. · Over time, unused batteries will discharge and must be recharged before use. · Use batteries only for their intended purposes.
Use manufacturer-approved batteries, chargers, accessories and supplies
· Using generic batteries or chargers may shorten the life of your device or cause the device to malfunction. · Samsung cannot be responsible for the user's safety when using accessories or supplies that are not approved by Samsung.
Do not bite or suck on the device or the battery
· Doing so may damage the device or cause explosion. · If children use the device, make sure that they use the device properly.
When speaking on the device:
· Hold the device upright, as you would with a traditional phone. Touching the antenna may reduce the call quality or cause the device to transmit more radio frequency than necessary.
Protect your hearing and ears when using a headset
· Excessive exposure to loud sounds can cause hearing damage. · Exposure to loud sounds while driving may distract your attention and cause an accident. · Always turn the volume down before plugging the earphones into an audio source and use only the minimum volume setting necessary to hear your conversation or music. · In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the headset. [. . . ] By automatically emitting lower levels when possible, your device reduces your overall exposure to RF energy. The Declaration of Conformity statement at the back of this manual demonstrates your device's compliance with the European Radio & Terminal Telecommunications Equipment (R&TTE) directive. For more information about the SAR and related EU standards, visit the Samsung website.
Correct disposal of this product
(Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) (Applicable in the European Union and other European countries with separate collection systems) This marking on the product, accessories or literature indicates that the product and its electronic accessories (e. g. charger, headset, USB cable) should not be disposed of with other household waste at the end of their working life. [. . . ]