Detailed instructions for use are in the User's Guide.
[. . . ] 3-274-988-12(1)
Portable CD/DVD Player
To find out useful hints, tips and information about Sony products and services please visit: www. sony-europe. com/myproduct
© 2007 Sony Corporation
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture. Batteries or batteries installed apparatus shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire or the like.
This label is located on the bottom of the unit.
This appliance is classified as a CLASS 1 LASER product. The CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT MARKING is located on the bottom of the unit.
• The use of optical instruments with this product will increase eye hazard. As the laser beam used in this CD/DVD player is harmful to eyes, do not attempt to disassemble the cabinet. [. . . ] The Playback Settings Display also allows you to change sound, subtitle, and angle or search for a title or track by inputting numbers.
DISPLAY Number buttons C/X/x/c ENTER O
1 4 7 2 5 8 0 3 6 9
Depending on the VIDEO CD, “Press ENTER” in step 2 may appear as “Press SELECT. ” In this case, press H.
1 Press DISPLAY while playing
The Playback Settings Display appears. Example: When playing a DVD VIDEO
Items Current playback settings
Menu Title Chapter Audio Subtitle 02/07 03/20 02 2CH DOLBY DIGITAL English 01 English Title Elapsed 00:12:01
Elapsed or remaining time
The corresponding icon for Play, Pause, Search, or Slow Play is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen. When a DVD-RW/DVD-R (VR mode) is played, “PL” or “ORG” is displayed next to the title number.
Press X/x to select the search method on the Playback Settings Display, and press ENTER.
• • • • Title Chapter T. Time* C. Time*
2 Press X/x to select the
desired item and press ENTER.
• • • • • • • • • Title Chapter Audio Subtitle Angle T. Time C. Time Repeat Time Disp.
* You can search the title or chapter of a DVD VIDEO by entering the time code.
Press the number buttons or X/x to select the title or chapter number, and press ENTER.
3 Press X/x to select the
setting, and press ENTER.
To enter numbers, use the number buttons or X/x.
The player starts playback from the selected number. When you select “T. Time” or “C. Time” in step 1, “00:00:00” will appear on the screen. Enter the desired time code using the number buttons, and press ENTER. Elapsed or remaining time appears on the footer of the Playback Settings Display.
z Hints • You can use direct search without displaying the control menu. • See page 30 for details about using direct search for a CD or VIDEO CD.
Depending on the disc, you may not be able to set some options.
• The displayed title/chapter number is the same as the number recorded on the disc. • Chapter times are not displayed when a DVD-RW/DVD-R (VR mode) is played. Chapter time will be displayed as “--:--:--. ” • Depending on the disc, you may not be able to use the time code.
To turn off the display
Press DISPLAY or O RETURN.
Searching for a title/chapter, etc.
By entering the number or the time code, you can search a DVD by title or chapter.
Playing a DVD VIDEO repeatedly (Repeat Play)
You can play all of the titles on a DVD VIDEO, or a single title or chapter repeatedly.
Checking the playing time and remaining time
You can check the playing time and remaining time of the current title or chapter.
Select “Repeat” on the Playback Settings Display, and press ENTER. Press X/x to select the setting, and press ENTER.
Chapter: repeats the current chapter. •
Select “Time Disp. ” on the Playback Settings Display, and press ENTER.
Time Disp. Title Elapsed Title Remain Chapter Elapsed Chapter Remain Title Elapsed 00:12:48
To return to normal play
Select “Off” in step 2.
z Hint When playing a VCD or CD repeatedly, use OPTIONS (page 31).
Press X/x to select the time information setting, and press ENTER.
• • • • Title Elapsed Title Remain Chapter Elapsed Chapter Remain
Depending on the disc, the Repeat function may not be available.
z Hint See page 32 for details about displaying the elapsed time of a CD or VIDEO CD.
• In the case of DVD-RWs/DVD-Rs (VR mode), the playing time and remaining time of the chapter is not displayed. • The default setting for “Time Disp. ” is “Title Elapsed. ” After selecting an other option of “Time Disp. ” and exiting from the Playback Settings Display, the “Title Elapsed” appears when the Playback Settings Display is re-entered.
Searching for a Particular Point on a Disc (Search, Scan, Slow Play,
Repeat Play, Random Play)
You can quickly locate a particular point on a disc by monitoring the picture or playing back slowly.
1 4 7 2 5 8 0 3 6 9
z Hints When you know the title or chapter number, you can search directly by entering these numbers using the number buttons. • While playing a DVD VIDEO, you can search for a title or chapter using the number buttons and ENTER. • While playing CDs/VIDEO CDs, you can search for a track using the number buttons and ENTER.
Locating a point quickly by playing a disc in fast forward or fast reverse (Scan)
H . m
OPTIONS > M
• Depending on the disc, you may not be able to perform some of the operations described. • For DATA CDs/DATA DVDs, you can search for a particular point only on an MP3 audio track.
Press m or M to fast reverse or fast forward during playback. With each press the indication changes as shown below.
◆ Playback direction
H t 1M t 2M t 3M
◆ Opposite direction
H t 1m t 2m t 3m
Locating a point quickly using the . /> PREV (previous)/NEXT buttons (Search)
The “3M”/“3m” playback speed is faster than “2M”/“2m” and the “2M”/“2m” playback speed is faster than “1M”/“1m. ”
z Hint C/c on the player works the same as m/M on the remote, and ENTER on the player works the same as H on the remote. This function is effective when you play back a DVD.
During playback, press > or . to go to the next or previous chapter/track/ scene.
• No sound is output during Scan play for a DVD or VIDEO CD. • Scan speed differs depending on the disc type.
Playing CD/VIDEO CD repeatedly or in random order (Repeat Play, Random Play)
You can play all of the tracks on a disc, or a single track repeatedly (Repeat Play). Also, you can play the tracks in random order, too (Random Play).
Watching frame by frame (Slow Play)
Press m or M when the player is in pause mode. [. . . ] , The JPEG image file does not have the extension “. JPEG. ” , The data is not formatted in JPEG even though it has the extension “. JPEG. ” , The JPEG image file format does not conform to DCF (page 55). , The image is larger than 3078 (width) × 2048 (height) in normal mode, or more than 3, 300, 000 pixels in progressive JPEG. (Some progressive JPEG files cannot be displayed even if the file size is within this specified capacity. ) , The JPEG image file is damaged.
The MP3 audio track cannot be played (page 54).
, The DATA CD is not recorded in an MP3 format that conforms to ISO 9660 Level 1 or Joliet. , The DATA DVD is not recorded in MP3 format that conforms to UDF (Universal Disk Format). [. . . ]